Have a look!

Guest Anonymous

That is some history to be proud of, it also ended up beating the times of a Proto-Type Syclone (also Show-Room Stock) in the same event. 2 years ago I considered picking that car up and took a trip to Vegas to check it out. I had known the previous owner, a young kid that was so excited with it he was afraid to drive it on the streets, after 4 years he sold it to the present owner who has a nice collection of other fine motorcars, but who has been looking to sell it. The Auto Collection has many fine and unique specialty cars on display, and this is one of them, behind ropes so no one is allowed to mess with it. The owner of Peterson Racing was surprised to see this car for sale and was trying to get his son to pick it up, looks like that did not happen. As for the skinny on the car, I have a lot of records that I was looking to put up on my web site this winter but looks like you beat me to the official release of info :) .

Jeff M

Uhhh, what did you say? I was distracted (it worked). No worries mate, I still got some more left. A fellow TGP friend emailed me the info back a few years ago and at that time it was mentioned on Shawn's TGP Message Board about that and that I was going to check it out. The price at that time was $15K, could of offered $13.5 and got it BUT, other than the excellent heritage and all things being hand built that we have production versions of, not much else to it, seriously lacking the original Pikes Peak info and the fact it was the first proto-type (I believe the other owner I know kept this for himself, and am looking to contact him to see if he is not so into having it!!! Just hope I do not have to offer a lot to get it from him. The turbo was same as ours so the seller miss-quoted that is was a faster spooling turbo (and the chip version did not change the turbo's spool up, oops did I know that). Bone stock 1988 Grand Prix SE, missing a lot of the great stuff the production TGP got. It did have what they say, sensors plugged in for testing things, a fuel cel/stock one missing, roll-cage and such, but not enough for me to warrant the cash. What I want to see and will here soon is the 1st production TGP, that was used as the Pace Car for the 1989 Daytona 500, there was a back-up one too but this one is the primary baby and did not have any running problems at the track so it was THE one used for the event.

So its up for grabs for the right owner, a Red TGP would round out my collection but no spare cash for me these days, need to go to work/a real job here next year when this overgrown hobby gets organized.

As for the SuperTGP, that info is at my web site, one of the few things I got time to do, or Jim to do in putting it up, and only he remembers where the link is there, and I know most the links are dead that do show up (how embarrassing) but that is ANOTHER thing to work on this winter when filling the web site with goodies.

Jeff M

I'd love to have that prototype TGP!!!! too bad I probably couldn't afford it(right now at least). Anyone know how much faster it is than a stock 89 TGP and what kind of gains they received from modifying it?

To be honest, I wouldn't park that ugly thing in the garage next to my black one. I know its got heritage but its BUT ugly! No fender flares, the color is terrible and if I drove it, it would purely be to unload it at a used car lot. Not to mention that it probably dosen't perform as well as a nice chiped TGP right now. It just goes to show, sometimes concepts or pre production cars don't even compare to the production versions. In this case thank God!