Tranny Cooler

Guest RedCutlassSL

Oddly enough, I heard U-haul has 'em, and they install them too. But.. do you really want some one who knows more about moving fooling around under your hood? :fruity:

Most places that sell gear for towing trailers carry them. Look around a bit.

you can get a stock tranny cooler or any parts store should have one.. if you go with a aftermarket one i recomend a "B&M Supercooler". but the oem ones you can get EVEYTHING you need from a dealer and it installs perfectly, all the lines are premade and the mounting brackets will fit perfectly.

RedZ

Yea, but some cars don't have one...and those are the cars that I am usually changing the transmission in.

You should really get one of those sandwich ones. They look like the factory cooler...it uses metal plates instead of tubes. They are much stronger and they cool very good too.

And don't bypass the radiator cooler! Its there so when you are sitting in one place for a long time it keeps the fluid cool. The sandwich cooler only works when you are driving (air is going through it). If you bypass the radiator cooler, the fluid temp will soar past 195-220 when you are idleing (the radiator cooler makes sure the fluid doesn't go past the coolant temp (195-220 degrees). Trust me, I have a trans fluid temp gauge and thats exactly what happened. I reconnected the radiator cooler, and the fluid stays nice and cool now.

Jason

I bypassed my radiator cause it was leaking into the coolant and have not seen a temp above 150 yet. After driving 2 hrs then idleing in one spot for 20min was when i saw that, and this is at about 60* outside temp.