Catalytic converter, size? and recommendations

Psych0matt

94 supreme, 3.4, dual exhaust, everything stock right now :-)

I'm looking at some converters and stuff, and don't really want another stock one. I forget what size it is, so any help on that would be appreciated, but was wondering if anyone had any opinions on brands, wether to go with a high flow, or anything like that. thanks guys

Simnce your car is NA, you aren't going to gain more than a couple of hp at best from getting rid of your cat completely.............

MY advice is to look at a large body 2.5in ID high flow cat. Preferably a Magnaflow Carsound, or Random Technologies cat if you want it to last. For a cheaper one, Catco seem to make decent cats (better than the Dynomax ones at least), but be aware that sometimes for whatever reason (beat up in shipping maybe?) they only last a few months before the internals break up (hence my Magnaflow recomendation).

This will also stop your car from sounding like SHIT (which I and a few others think that catless cars do) :lol:

I say just gut the insides of your old cat and put it back on. :D

how old does a car have to be to make that legal?

edit nevermind that was dumb i'm sure it varies state by state

cats look restrictive as hell. i can't see why leaving that on would be benefical to engine performance

I say just gut the insides of your old cat and put it back on. :D

how old does a car have to be to make that legal?

edit nevermind that was dumb i'm sure it varies state by state

cats look restrictive as hell. i can't see why leaving that on would be benefical to engine performance

Let's not start this up again! :lol: And it is NEVER legal to tamper w/ emissions reduction equipment. Including removing it. Some places just don't check. BUT, if you get pulled over, a cop can give you a ticket for a removed cat. (But man, you must have pissed him off!)

i thought if you had, say a mid-late 70's car with all their smog pumps and shit you could rip all that shit off and not worry about anything legally. i thought there's a point when a car is past a certain age that you can do what you want

at least i've been told that by some other guys i know who have the time and experience to build up nice cars