Limited Slip for our transmissions???

90TGP

No they don't. The weight distribution on the front wheels helps some. In rwd apps, the right wheel usually spins because of how the axle rotates. The right side gets pulled up and the left pushed into the ground.

Chris

Good idea to ask, and as well the good point Chris makes. I will add that the TGP does indeed do well at putting both tires to work, and we know it needs the help when launching, BUT those who like to smoke their inside tire going around a corner will take away that ability of your diff to do both tires so well. What happens is when you go around the corner spinning one tire hard you unevenly load the diff and that WILL in time grind out the washers/spacers and greatly reduce the 2-tire power we seem to have/nearly like a LSD. I know one guy's TGP who has some serious power we set him up with, that did this too much and the results is now he can only power/spins his one tire all the way through 1st and well into second when dropping the hammer. Unless you are showing off, only losers smoke their tires, and indeed his et's have suffered. TGP owners prepare yourself for yet another awesome confirmation about just how special your ride is: Some inside info on our unique diff, and it is unique, is that ours not only has a special hardened gear carrier but also the gears are hardened, all other "4Txx" series trannys are not (see note below on only one other known like this)!!! Add to that the use of steel not brass or copper washer/spacers and we have a tough-ass part hiding in our 4T60, a hot item that Supercharged GTP owners want to snatch up and use because of its superior construction as compared to theirs in the 4T65E and the better 4T65E-HD. The GTP owners looking/needing are those with some serious power wanting to fix a weak item in their trannys. This diff was used up (so to say since GM's inventory were not being depleted since few TGP were needing new ones over the years) in the production run of the 1995 Z34 4T60E-HD (HD if I recall correctly, been a few years since I did that research). Another possibility were this hardened diff was used is in the F7 version of the 4T60E, which was used in the Cadillac Alante. Before the Alante, the TGP tranny was actually used as a test-bed/production model at our expense to proof-out that the 4T60 could be made reliable when running behind greater amounts of torque than was previously offered in other FWD applications of that era, and aside from a few gasket differences, the F7 uses the best the TGP version of tranny used/tested. Last I will add that the excellent design of the half-shafts makes the TGP a lot less prone to Torque-Steer, and to me knowing some Turbo FWD Chrysler owners, Torque-Steer to them is changing lanes when the tires spin and the tires are STILL facing forward. We do not have so much of that problem, we might get a little fish-tail action but not to the level the Chrysler cars have shown can be a downside to big power in a FWD setup.

Long post but I feel informative and interesting maybe?

Jeff M

The Gear Ratio is 3:33, and with the TGP 4T60 running 35/35 for the drive and driven sprockets, the final drive ratio is still a 3:33. As for direct fit, from those I talked to back a few years ago it was a direct fit BUT, would not want to be quoted on it just in case. Since catering to the TGP crowd with tons of research and info I could not see me having enough time to traverse every avenue for all the details relating to non-TGP specific info, sorry, it took a lot just to get avid at the TGP let alone its many uniqueness.

Glad you enjoyed the post, these are the long brain dumps I prefer, and the 2,000 previous TGP owners I have talked with enjoyed as well :) .

Jeff M