need reccommendation for a cleaner/wax

90lumina3.1

whats a good wax and cleaner combo to keep the finish on our cars real nice. i remember using meguiars gold series once and it really brought out a nice shine. almost made my car's blue metallic speck paint look 3d, but it didnt last very long. any ideas? havent found a real good washing stuff either. what do you all use?

I would recommend Mother's Wax i have a lot of friends that work in body shops and all of the body shops that i know use Mother's Wax and i even started using it and i think its better then other ones. :P

I think the waxes that are priced the same *are* much the same. I've got the same car as you, same paint. When cars get to this age you can tell just by looking at the gloss if the owner has been waxing it or not. I've seen w-bodies that have half flat paint. I used to use Mother's California Gold wash but I've since switched to German Zymol (I think there's an accent above the "o") which was $12 and I think this stuff is better. This wash, provided you towel dry in a reasonable amount of time, and avoid direct sunlight, won't leave water spots. The other thing I noticed after moving west, cars don't rust in Alberta like they did in Ontario. I think it's a combination of lack of use of road salt, drier climate, and fewer days where there is a lot of slush on the roads.

whats a good wax and cleaner combo to keep the finish on our cars real nice. i remember using meguiars gold series once and it really brought out a nice shine. almost made my car's blue metallic speck paint look 3d, but it didnt last very long. any ideas? havent found a real good washing stuff either. what do you all use?