Rubbing noise during turns

richierich

94 Gran Prix

When I make a right turn (doesn't have to be 90 degrees) I hear a rubbing noise from what I think is the right rear wheel. This doesnt happen with a left turn. When I apply the breaks it quiets. The sound is similar to a when you hit the breaks and you have a worn break pad. Any Ideas?

Maybe its the water guard under there by the wheel that needs to be pushed back in. I had that problem all u have to do is look under where the wheel is making the noise and check the plastic water guard and see if its sticking out just push that sucker back in if thats the case u will noticed where the rubbing is taking place thats how i notcied it.

If this were a one year older car I'd say you need to use your emergency brake more often to tighten up the caliper slack but....it's the newer brakes. Whatever the deal, it sounds like brake pads with too much room to flop around.

Or maybe the whole caliper has come loose.

Someone with a 94 or newer needs to let you know how to take up the slack on those rear pads.

example: drum brakes-- You back up the car and hit the brakes firmly.

Maybe its the water guard under there by the wheel that needs to be pushed back in. I had that problem all u have to do is look under where the wheel is making the noise and check the plastic water guard and see if its sticking out just push that sucker back in if thats the case u will noticed where the rubbing is taking place thats how i notcied it.

I had the same thing Bruticus mentioned....

Both mine were popped out when I purchase my car...and the made the rubbin' noise at 90 degree locked turns...

pushed um in...and it all gone...