Need a straight answer about the 4T60-E HD

DiscoStudd

I've searched the forum for an answer, and there seems to be some confusion whether GM actually made a 4T60-E HD or not. Some say it was standard on the 95 LQ1's, others say it's strictly an aftermarket creation. Does anyone know for sure? I want to purchase a 4T60-E HD, and if I could get one from a boneyard instead of paying $3500 from Domestic Performance, I'd be a happy man! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

So I was checking out Rebuilt Automatic Transmissions.com and looked up the various models that had either the LQ1 or L67 (in 1995.) They only list the trannys as being 4T60E, but the LQ1/L67 trannys are more expensive than the L82/L27 trannys. That leads me to believe that the L67 trannys are HD. The site lists the Tag ID's for each model/engine combo. I'd assume it doesn't matter what the Tag ID is on the tranny as long as it is from the 4T60-E family, so if I bought a tranny from an L67 Bonne or Riv, it should drop into my Regal (and function) no problem, right? Thanks again!