Is it JUST me?

gmrulz4u

Or does turning on your wipers in winter weather make visibility WORSE!!???

I've tried like 4 different types of wiper blades, including winter ones. The blades that actually stayed ON, make seeing out the windshield nearly impossible! WTF??

Is it just W-Bodies? Is there some secret to making wipers in the snow and ice, actually work!?

As of right now, I just drive around trying NOT to use them...

I've never had a problem. I use ANCO wiper blade refills.

It does rain, snow, sleet, and ice where I live.

It hasn't this year, but I don't remember it being a problem last year.

Only time there's a problem is when the road salt dries on the windshield and it's so cold the windshield washer fluid freezes and won't come out the squirties. Either that, or the squirties get so plugged up with gunk and salt that they just won't squirt at all. Then all the wipers can do is smear damp road salt around.

On most w-body's the wipers go under the hood when they are off so its hard to get the ice off them. What I do is leave my wipers up some when I turn my car off so I can smack them against my windshield and get the ice off. I was having the same problem with mine and that seems to help.

Well, I've noticed on my Lumina that when the wipers fold back down in the their hiding spot, there is a black "stopper" that they should rest against while remaining flat against the bottom part of the windshield. I noticed that the little "stopper" has worn down pretty good. So when my wipers go back down and hit that, they aren't flat against the bottom part of the windshield, thus letting all the water on my windshield to freeze up on my wipers between that little gap of the wiper and windshield. Take a look, and you'll understand what I mean.

Aaron

My 2000 Tacoma wipers make it hard to see until it's pouring down or until I squirt a half gallon of washer fluid on the windshield. ok, so it's not related...just bothersome

i'm with ya, my wipers blow no matter which ones i use, i even "borrowed" bosch blades from work one days and they were great for a week or so but then once again they sucked! Good thing i didn't buy the bastards, they were like 15 bucks a pop. O BTW did anyone paint the cowl where the wipers sit on a Lumi? I know i need to sand prime and paint but has anyone done it a color match to the car? Later Jay

i have ricer wipers, dual blade silicone, metallic blue to match the car. they're on my lumina and they work great, the only problem i see is that my wipers dont retract all the way, and they havent for a long time, i guess i need new motors, huh?