?? about CD changer with FM modulator...

TGPilot

So I was looking into getting a CD changer with the FM modulator for my TGP. What are the pros and cons of these little numbers? Any info would be helpful before I spend $200 on one... 8)

I had a pioneer 6 disc changer in the lumina.. and I'll never own another FM Modulated device after that.

If your not picky about sound quality, then I'm sure you won't have a problem.. but I'm picky as hell, so I hated it. Distortion in the highs (especially with burned CD's), caused radio reception problems... Funny thing was, those CD's that sounded distorted in the changer, sounded just fine in the Head unit CD player.. yea, I'm not too fond of that method anymore. For me, if it can't directly hooked up to an input, then I don't want it.

I like my cd changer just as much as the in dash unit. My only con is that I have to reach under the seat to put a differant disk in if I want to listen to something that is not in it already.