Dang 3100

Steath_Lumi

My 94 Lumi has a 3100 (of course) but the thing is i cant seem to find a chip for it, i looked on Fast forwards' website but they said the 3.1 they got will no t work on 3100's, got any advise?

I don't think the 94's can be chiped, as they are the OBD 1.5 I think you have to try to program it thru diagnostic port.

--Dave

Those cars don't have a chip, period. The stuff that was on the memcal (chip) of the older 2.8/3.1/3.4s is not build right into the main board of the PCM computer. :wink:

So unless you can find someone that specializes in programming the whole damn thing, you're SOL.

I know a place that they have the equipment so they can reprogram the GM computers, place is talled TPIS and they are located in MN, they usually deal with the newer GM F-body's so it may be worth lookin' into.

http://www.tpis.com/

--Dave.

Fastchip ( http://www.fastchip.com ) will also deal with 94-95 (NOT 96+) 3100 reflashes on a custom basis.

They supposedly leave the ignition and fuel curves alone (so no power gains), but DO eliminate the governor, offer revised shiftpoints (my advice for a lightly modded 3100 is 6K 1-2, 5800 2-3 and 5K 3-4 [to save the engine from extended periods of high rpm running]), raised rev limiter (GM recomends no higher than 6200rpm on the stock valvetrain though......), and can mess with 4-2 and 3-1 kickdowns etc..............so even if your car makes no extra power, it WILL be faster.

$350 though.........but CERTAINLY better than nothing (and a good "final" modification).