Wiring Harness

skiiirt

First things first

'92 cutt supreme international

I have a sony deck (the oldschool lcd with the spinning faceplate)

I wanna install it but I also want the use of my steering wheel controls

Anyone know where I can get wiring harnesses for something like this?

from my understanding you have to spend some serious cash to get the aftermarket interface module. i have seen prices listed from 50-100 bux for the module.

this is commonly used by those with 97+ GP's. i do not have specific companies or models but mayb someone will. or hit the search function over at clubgp

Monty

I used the SoundGate Remote 1.5 V4. All you have to do is set some dip switches inside the module to correspond your vehicle type and headunit type. You have to mount the IR transmitter beneath the stereo. Simple 3 wire hookup: Switched 12V, ground, and you have to tap into the data wire at the factory stereo's harness (the instructions spell it out very clearly.) I paid $99 from Logjam Electronics. You don't need a remote to program it. No worries about losing the programming when the battery is disconnected.

I have the pac swix if your interested. I just need to get it all together, because its in a box of wires and crap i pulled out of my car when i wrecked the GP.

It says 1994-1997 Cutlass Supreme. I have a '92. Does that matter?

PAC SWI-X will work on a 92. Soundgate will not.

Someone at PAC told me they are working on a version of the SWI-X that doesn't use infrared. It will plug directly into a Sony or Pioneer HU that has the wired remote input (most 2004 Sony & Pioneer models have this and many older Sony's do too).