'90 El Lumino

bluegp

does it have a W engine, or did they do a motor swap to it?

it looks odd, but it is certainly custom, mad props to whoever did it up

will just chime in here instead of a new thread

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=ridesfromcomps&mid=16&cid=252&page=4

saw this a couple weeks ago

it is similar to the above car but still in rough shape.

there was a car show org sticker on the side window. but i forget which one. the area is littered with custom rides. with BIR a couple hours from where i took this pic.

Monty

They probably used the sedan front doors cause the 2 doors are too long. It would have screwed up the whole idea for the triangle shaped window.

Yeah, it would make it look better with no door handle on the side.

Props out for the work and time spent ... but yuck.

:werd: I give props the time & money put into this project, but damn that's fugly!!! I like Luminas as much as the next guy, but that's god awful. That's almost as bad as American Lumina SS.

They probably used the sedan front doors cause the 2 doors are too long. It would have screwed up the whole idea for the triangle shaped window.

Yeah, it would make it look better with no door handle on the side.

well the door frame/skin would be fine, it's just the window and door handle and such, it would have to curve on an angle (like they are on real El Caminos)

This project has been done a couple times. Went to the OCA 105th in Lansing in 2002 and saw at the REOlds museum a '70 442 converted into an El Cutlamino...Done VERY WELL and looking very cool... an El Camino with a HI COMP 4bbl 455 under the hood? Yea, that just rocks. I think I have pics....

That's almost as bad as American Lumina SS.

That piece of shit gives W-body projects like the LTE a bad name.

Oh you mean the "I took dark pictures and didnt show you the door panels that don't line up with the shoe horned dash and the column that's the wrong shape for the dash and er....bought mucho JC Whitney crap"?

That's almost as bad as American Lumina SS.

That piece of shit gives W-body projects like the LTE a bad name.

Oh you mean the "I took dark pictures and didnt show you the door panels that don't line up with the shoe horned dash and the column that's the wrong shape for the dash and er....bought mucho JC Whitney crap"?

:lol: :lol: :werd:

There's a car similar to that rolling around grand rapids here as well, but it used to be a Regal. Ugly as hell in my opinion, but then again I don't have to drive it.

I have to give lots of kudos for a custom job well done...at first glance it looks pretty cool, even tho the roof line looks a little too tall...I'd like to see some more pics of it from other angles...and I'd like to repeat an earlier question...is it FWD or did they go with the El Camino drive train...I've always been a sucker for these car/trucks...except the new SSR, that dont do a thing for me.

Oh no it's back. The El POS with the lack-of-coupe doors :shock:

Yup, it looks like ass. They shoulda took coupe doors and shortened them. It would have been cake considering all the other work that went into it.

...I'd like to see some more pics of it from other angles...and I'd like to repeat an earlier question...is it FWD or did they go with the El Camino drive train...

It's still FWD. I looked all over on the net & found very little. I got the picture from Super Chevy magazine's gallery. There, it said it started out as a '90 base model 3.1. A few other websites said it was a '92 Chevy concept car, but had no pictures. I remember seeing it in a magazine (don't remember which one) probably 10 years ago. I have the issue somewhere among 15-20 years worth of 20+ different automotive magazines. Needless to say, it would be impossible to find it.

There were actually 2 of them. This crappy home-made one, and a professionally built one, maybe a concept car. I might have pics of the professionally built one somewhere.