• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 93CutlassSupreme

• Tru2Chevy

• Dannymik

• Cornerdealy

flowmaster!

flowmaster's give a deep rumbling tone, and i haven't heard a straight-through muffler that can reproduce it. most, but not all, straight through mufflers have a ricer tone to them, they sound higher than flows

in my area, flowmasters are avaiable at almost any speed shop, but i have yet to see magnaflows avaiable at a store

i have two 40 series flowmasters

you need to send me a sound clip of your exhaust! Send it to dannymik1@adelphia.net

can i just e-mail it? what email service can i use to send large files, since most have attachment limits? i have hotmail right now

gmail, from google!

that, or host it on one of the many servers members have set up. I wanna hear it to. You have the 3.1 MPFI, no the 3100, right?

jon

ok, can you give me a day or two to get a good clip and send it? i can just email it through hotmail then? if yours works, i'll send sound clips to anyone else

edit: i'd rather host a sound clip, i think that would be better than emailing it out. i'm not very good with computers and shit, could someone help me do this?

btw i have the 3.1 multiport, not the 3100

flowmaster!

flowmaster's give a deep rumbling tone, and i haven't heard a straight-through muffler that can reproduce it. most, but not all, straight through mufflers have a ricer tone to them, they sound higher than flows

in my area, flowmasters are avaiable at almost any speed shop, but i have yet to see magnaflows avaiable at a store

:withstupid:

I got a 50 series flowmster, with 2.5 pipeing from downtube back, and a 2.5 inch magnaflow cat, sounds really good.............but one of my boys from home has a 3100 GP 2 door with 2.5 inch car into strait pipes.......most orgasmic exhuast note ive ever heard....sounds like thunder...listening to it without looking and u would think it was shooting flames.

Magnaflows do NOT sound ricey on a 60*V6, but flowmasters sure do.

I'm gonna try to get videos of the car up over the next couple of days to show everyone (especially the flowmaster lovers) what a good sounding muffler sounds like.

Flowmasters sound like tin cans, really really bad on our cars.... They sound alright on big motors, but not ours.

Magnaflows are smooth, deep, and have an excellent rumble. They scream very cool at WOT as well, without getting at all raspy or gay sounding. And Magnaflow build quality is far superior to the quality of flowmasters. Flowmaster dont use ANY stainless steel in their mufflers, they use much thinner metal than magnaflow, and have much uglier welds than Magnaflow....

I don't understand how anyone who has actually heard magnaflows on a 60*V6 and flows can honestly recommend the flows. They sound like ass in comparison..

104-0442_IMG-2-2.JPG

Magnaflows do NOT sound ricey on a 60*V6, but flowmasters sure do.

I'm gonna try to get videos of the car up over the next couple of days to show everyone (especially the flowmaster lovers) what a good sounding muffler sounds like.

Flowmasters sound like tin cans, really really bad on our cars.... They sound alright on big motors, but not ours.

Magnaflows are smooth, deep, and have an excellent rumble. They scream very cool at WOT as well, without getting at all raspy or gay sounding. And Magnaflow build quality is far superior to the quality of flowmasters. Flowmaster dont use ANY stainless steel in their mufflers, they use much thinner metal than magnaflow, and have much uglier welds than Magnaflow....

I don't understand how anyone who has actually heard magnaflows on a 60*V6 and flows can honestly recommend the flows. They sound like ass in comparison..

104-0442_IMG-2-2.JPG

the soundclip of a tgp with magnaflows that was posted sounded nice, but i really don't understand where you got the conclusion that flowmasters on a 60*V6 sounds ricer or like ass, because i sure don't :think:

I agree that Magnaflow is definately the way to go. I recently put Magnaflow exhaust on my 3.4 GP STE and it sounds very deep, not a hint of rice at any point. I dont know a lot about flowmasters, but my buddy has it on his 91 3.4 GP and he agrees my car has a deeper tone...

Magnaflow is my vote. I had them on my monte and i put them on Aarons car. both 3.4's sounded great. My monte had 6" Round Stainless mufflers and Aarons had4x9" oval's.

Shane

I made some video clips tonight (at around 2:00 AM) and I'm gonna try to get them up and hosted tomorrow. Hopefully it will help some people make a decision.

I got some good vids of my car on a deserted highway moving pretty fast :)

My bf had magnaflows on his Z34 with a free-flow cat. A friend had flowmasters on his. The magna flows sounded much better, and muffled some of the raspiness. I have heard that Borla are the best though. Most flowmasters sound like fart cans. I hvae yet to hear one that doesn't.

Most flowmasters sound like fart cans. I hvae yet to hear one that doesn't.

:bs:

Mine did not sound like rice at all. I have a clip some where of it!!!!

Most flowmasters sound like fart cans. I hvae yet to hear one that doesn't.

:bs:

Mine did not sound like rice at all. I have a clip some where of it!!!!

i'm going to record and post a clip of mine as well, to show how much flowmasters REALLY sound like fart cans

IMO, it's not so much that the Flowmasters sound ricey (i don't think they do), but they def. have more rasp than I like. Not to mention the fact that they really don't flow as much air as everyone thinks they do. They sound cool on big motors (have an 80 series crossflow on the camaro listed in sig.) but too raspy on smaller motors.

Magnaflows are going on my Lumina.

- Justin