LB8 2500 60* V6

Justin

I was messing around on GMs site and came across this, if you zoom in the plenum even clearly states 2500 SFI V6. It's even the US site, not some bizzaro middle east or asian site, although it appears as it's only used in Asia as their middle-sized engine. And the kicker is LB8 is an old code for iron headed 2.8s back in the day. Weird stuff.

http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpowertrain/engines/gmpow/lb8.htm

lb8.jpg

going thru the site, I was looking at the difference between the 2.5, the 3.0 the 3.1 and the 3.4 here's what I found for the bore x stroke on the motors...

2500 89.00 x 66.70mm

3000 89.00 x 80.00mm

3100 89.00 x 84.00mm

3400 92.00 x 84.00mm

so it looks like they took even more stroke outta the 3100 for both the 3000 and the 2500 engines - personally if I was looking for something really fuel efficent, I'd go for that 2500 myself, it's not lacking too much for power, and it's still a V6.

--Dave

Guest Gp crazy

just buy a crank and and get longer rods and stroke it out and hide it under 3.1 or 2.8 badges :lol: :lol: also what did gm put this engine in to ???? i would like to put one in my GEO METRO that weighs in at 1642 wow what a little rocket :lol: :lol: