HELP.. CRANKSHAFT Bearing !!!

Paul GTP

Sure if you are a proctoligist....

acctually I dont thing so...but to pull the motor you dont need to pull the Tranny if you mark all the wires and plugs you can pull the motor in under 2 hours....

You can do it and there is a listed precedure for it but most likely you'll have to spec out the motor, plus it may be hard to replace the top half of the bearing shell with the crank piolted against the Torquconverter. For repairs like that you are best off removing the engine. If you know what you are doing, it would take 3 hours.

i think you can..

drain the oil pan and remove the oil pan. If i remember correctly you should be able to see the crank and connecting rods.. remove the 2 bolts on the bottom of each rod and at that point you can push each piston up enough to get the bearings out. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP the 2 pieces of the rods matched up and facing the correct direction or it may wear imporperly. once you replace the bearings and reaccembol everthing then reinstall the oil pan and refill with oil.. allow ~1500 miles for the new bearings "Brake in" properly so make the first 1500 miles a very easy 1500 miles. As for a bearing manuf. i recomend "Cleavite" if possible.

RedZ