DOHC intake gasket replacement

White93z34

Its not hard at all, takes a little bit of time, and is worth it when your done. There were 2 bolts on the lower manifold that were a pain in the ass, and the TB coolant line can also suck. Other than that, its pretty straight forward.

Piece of cake, I did it to both of our motors. Need the above mentioned tools, a universal-type drive for the one bolt by the PS pump is helpful.

Also need about 1/2 case of beer to make the job go smoothly.

If you've never done it before expect to spend the better part of a day doing the job. It starts to get frustrating because just when you think you've got all of the bolts off there's always one more thats a total PIA to get at. A couple tips for ya though;

1. Buy/Borrow a pair of 10" 45 degree bent neele nose pliers it will make the TB coolant line a snap to get off assuming it isn't facing backwards.

2. Get new EGR gaskets, its only a couple extra bucks and you'll save yourself the headache of doing it later.

3. Replace the brake booster vacuum hose as well, its only like $7 from GM and it will save you time later.

4. Make sure you've got a good 10mm socket, a U-joint, and a couple differant extensions (3" and 6" most notably) before you start the project.

alright the last intake i did was on a 305 tbi, wasen't too hard. i was just wondering how this is, i checked the how to at 60*v6, seems easy enough. my brothrs been on my case about fixing his car so it quits ideling high at cold start up. thanks for the advise