tranny

totalsleeper

can anyone tell me what kinda tranny i got in my 98 cutty 2.8L its a automatic, but i hear a lot of talk bout getrags and was just woundering???

thanx

can anyone tell me what kinda tranny i got in my 98 cutty 2.8L its a automatic, but i hear a lot of talk bout getrags and was just woundering???

thanx

Um. Didn't they stop making the 2.8L after 1990? I'm thinking you got your numbers backwards there buddy. Is it an '89? If so, and you've got an automatic, it's a TH-440 (4T60). If it's a manual (that means you have 5 gears instead of just four, and you can select them yourself! yay!) it's the getrag 282. And if you have that, you need to go outside right now, pull your powertrain, unbolt your tranny, follow the list on turboste.com and send me all of the parts it says are needed for a tranny swap. ASAP! Go! Now!

Um. Didn't they stop making the 2.8L after 1990? I'm thinking you got your numbers backwards there buddy. Is it an '89? If so, and you've got an automatic, it's a TH-440 (4T60). If it's a manual (that means you have 5 gears instead of just four, and you can select them yourself! yay!) it's the getrag 282. And if you have that, you need to go outside right now, pull your powertrain, unbolt your tranny, follow the list on turboste.com and send me all of the parts it says are needed for a tranny swap. ASAP! Go! Now!
man if you want those parts i can get them out of a gp. :D i'll find out the total friday for you your 89 has the grey interior right? cause this one's steering column has the key in the ignition :D