TCC ugggghhhhhh

musthavemuzk

so far 3 hrs into it and just to the point of replacing the part.

so many things in the way and not cooperating at all.

looked at the how to at v6z24.com and man oh man are the cars totally different.

hope to get pis on the return to normal process.

took a couple tonight before calling it a night though.

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=93gplemar04&mid=16&cid=255&page=5

any help or tips or whatever are appreciated.

never got to the point of throwing tools or losing my temper but man i could not believe how much of a PITA it was.

ok stepping down off of soap box now

btw

93 GP LE sedan 3.1 3 spd

Monty

wait a min there monty

i read in another post your car stalls now that you pluged the plug back in?

that when you go into gear?

if so the torque converter has to be replaced

that means the clutch is stuck on (in lock up)

OK then

will do a little rundown

after having the GP for a week or so i gave the engine bay a washdown. upon doing this i noticed something unplugged. so being the einstein i am i plugged it back in and then snapped pics and through up here asking what it was. i do not recall the responses of what it was though.

prior to me plugging this back in it accelerated rough and had a little roughness at idle. i replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, cleaned IAC, did the idle relearn a few times, replaced the knock sensor to clear up the codes i had. only real trip at highway speeds was the one home after i bought it, yet that was not really highway speeds as the weather was crappy. made it up to 40 a couple times. other than that it was 30-35.

after plugging this back in we made a road trip. 2 hrs each way. never noticed anything odd. still accelerated rough. mainly from a stop.

then last sat we headed out yet again. this time an hour each way.

**the stalls happened coming down from 60 to a stop. did not happen while driving arund town at speeds of 35 or less**

coming up to a stop sign it would stall as i got close to a stop.

several attempt and it would keep running after putting it in gear.

so we finished the day. no problems driving around town. then the same problems on the way home.

so i spent last week using the search feature here and came up with a pretty solid answer. the TCC needs to be replaced.

seemed easy enough so i got the parts and here is where i am.

car tore up and now ready to go back together.

according to the how to at http://www.v6z24.com the symptoms i have are for a bad TCC.

hope i made sense and did not leave anything out.

Monty

well got it back together last night.

started at 430. finished all the cleanup at 930. of course time for some BS'ing as well.

put some more pics up.

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=93gplemar04&mid=16&cid=255&page=5

was dead tired last night so i just drove it a little bit to charge the battery as i had to get jumped before i could leave.

went for a little drive tonight. not too far as i had other things to do.

so far it does not stall when coming down from highway speeds. will be able to give a better review after the weekend as we are going to a carshow an hour away. yes i will take pics of that too.

got pretty stressed a few times but never lost my cool.

would i do this again? prolly

hope it takes less time though. ;)

car is still sluggish as hell from a stop.

the shudder is still there but less than before.

i have purchases 2 new sensors (engine coolant temp and the other one for temp. from my understanding one goes to the gauge in the dash and the other goes to the computer) went to buy a transmission filter kit and some lucas treatment but they did not have any on hand.

so hopefully it comes in tomorrow. if so then that will be my project for the weekend. 2 sensors and a tranny filter and fluid thing. noticed the tranny fluid is pretty nasty. so hopefully this fixes more of the shudder if not eliminate what is left.

i still cannot believe how deep i have dug into the engine bay in the last few months.

Monty

thanx for the encouragement Robby.

the rate i am going i will be doing an engine swap in no time.

:D

seriously though

this place has been tremendous help.

without it i do not think i would have done half of what i have.

i just need others closer to me so i can have more help. both to learn and to teach. if that is possible.

makes me really want to plan the L67 swap or mayb the L36.

but i think that is still over my head.

Monty

hahhahah.....I hoped people would like the new sig 8)

Hell, if I was closer, I'd sure come help ya out. Thats all I do here at college is fix stuff on my friends cars. Usually oil changes, etc. Changed a tranny pan gasket and filter today on a 99 Dakota. Keep posting questions if you have, you know I'll help ya out if I can :D