would a 3.1 plenum fit on a 2.8 engine?

stlunatics2oo3

would a 3.1 plenum fit on a 2.8 engine and umm i was wonder if i put some headers on it would it add some ponies? and

i was also wonderin if it is possible to put dual over head cam in these engines don't laugh if it isn't possible casue a kid said he had it and i was wonderin if he is liar or not ??? so let me kno

You could put the plenum on. The plenums are identical except for the writing. I don't think that would make a difference in performance, though.

If you find some headers for 3.1/2.8, let us know. I haven't seen any and I don't know if anybody makes them.

I think it would increase your HP and torque as much as a type R sticker would,

No, no, this is more like the VTEC badge... :wink:

The equivalent of a TypeR sticker would be an FE3 badge...

no i was plannin on polishin it and stuff to make it shine like chrome so yeah then with the letters. i was gonna get them to be dodge viper blue. i was just wonderin becasue my friend has one just layin around his back yard so....

I think it would increase your HP and torque as much as a type R sticker would,

No, no, this is more like the VTEC badge... :wink:

The equivalent of a TypeR sticker would be an FE3 badge...

I would like to get an FE3 badge to cover the spot where a dealer sticker ruined the paint when I removed it. The SPID label inside the trunk lids shows FE3 so my 88 CS International actually IS an FE3. Never saw a badge on the W-body though. Think I've seen it on Delta 88's. What other Olds models should I check at the junkyard to get one? or can I buy one online?

i was also wonderin if it is possible to put dual over head cam in these engines don't laugh if it isn't possible casue a kid said he had it and i was wonderin if he is liar or not ??? so let me kno

No, it's not possible because of differences in the block. Without typing a huge reply...

The lifter bores are deleted in the 3.4 DOHC block. If you were to remove the lifters (because you are taking the cam out and there will be nothing to hold them in) during a swap of DOHC heads/cams to a normal 3.1 you would have no oil pressure because the lifters sit directly in the 2 main oil galleys.

There are also differences in the coolant passages in the block.

I don't even think the heads will bolt on to the 3.1 block.

There are other differences too, but I cannot think of them now. The most important one is the first one about the lifters. Yes, the 3.4 DOHC block does have a shaft in the cam hole on the 3.1, but its used to transfer the power from the crank to the lower belt pulley.

Much easier to just put a 3.4 engine in. I say take a close look at what the guys sez he has. I'll bet it's not a 3.4 upper end on a 3.1 lower end.

Jason