is there a fold down back seat for a cutlass?

stlunatics2oo3

i was wonderin if there is a cutlass with a fold down back seat for a cutlass and if it is a new style woul dit work in a 89 cutlass supreme with that bench shitty type ????

or unless how would or how could i make my own fold down back seat ?????

thanks in advanced

well the main reason i kno there is a cutty with a seat that comes down in teh middle and i was wonderin if there is a fold down seat that would fit in my car because i used to have a s-10 blazer and i guess my system pounded more better in that then in my cutty and i kno it is cause a closed surrounding casue of the trunk and back seat so if i had a foldown seat i could open it and pound real loud till i have enough passengers to go in the back

what a coincidence...i was gonna ask this tonight as well.

i was told that id my rear seat folds down that at comps i can fold it down without worry.

so now i wanna fold down rear seat.

i have also thought about the buckets and console route.

neither one will happen til warmer weather though.

Monty

The older SLs (pre-92) were also available with a fold down back seat. I think those are pretty rare tho.

I'd like to have one too. Anybody happen to have a beige cloth ('96-'97) seatback for sale :?:

• 3 months later...

was at a yard yesterday and there was a 94 (i believe) cutlass supreme S that had graphite cloth interior with the fold down rear seat.

i was gonna grab it but was not 100% sure if it would fit. i was close to 100% but not quite there.

after checking this today i think i am gonna go back and grab it as i have tomorrow off from work.

might grab the pass seat as well but the drivers seat was not there. it was power so that could be why it was not there.

anything special i should know when i go to get that seat?

Monty

I thought it was known that all Cutlass's had the option of fold-down seat's both in the coupe and sedan (1988 - 1997). I was reading up on my owner's manual and they were available on the 1992's and 1993's for sure... I would know, I want a set myself... gotta throw in the skiies!

- RedFox340

just like taking out the normal back seat. 2 13mm head lags hold the bottom down, and a few 12mm head bolts hold the back down. pull the bottom of the back out and pop it up, out in 5 mins tops. just did graphite leather out of a 95 CS in mine, power buckets in front and fold down rear bench.

You know what? I have a fold down rear seat, and have yet to use it. Since when I got the car, no one had ever really been in the back seat, everything is pristine back there cept plastic the broke when trying to install a old phone.

For me, its almost no use. Debs has a pickup (with a cover now). Most of the time when I carry stuff (to get produce from other local stores in our chain) just fill up tunk and back seat, without folding them down

Would the stereo thing work though, would there be that much of a difference?

I would actually love to have rear buckets, but oh well

Jon

yah that's what mine does....you CAN do the whole thing at once though if you want......but that's obvious...u knew that.....i had way too much coffee....

for competing there is a HUGE difference with the seat down provided the rules allow for this. and in DBDRAG street class you are allowed to fold the rear seats down if they do so. we saw about a 4 DB gain in a late 90's cav just from folding the rear seat down. more gain was made when the box was moved around. right now it is knocking on the 150 door with a single DD9512 D2 and a crossfire 1000d amp. so about 1300 watts at 1ohm and 14.4V. this was at our little party begin of jan.

well we got about 2 inches of the white stuff today. so i was concerned with heading out to the yard. then i figured why not. got about 10 minites down the road and no new snow at all.

i got there and took a real good look at the donor cutty. i did not notice before that the inside of the car was in pretty good shape. it had the ECC and the controls on the wheel too. i wanted the ECC but was not sure on how easy it would be.

i did get the back seat though i passed on the pass seat. i looked at the console but the top rest was cracked really bad and the cup holder was broken. :cry: i wanted the cup holder. oh well

i may end up back there for more of the graphite interior. the pass door panel was in sad shape, no drivers seat and the carpet was cut bad where they removed the drivers seat power stuff. but most of the rest was good.

i did grab the remote trunk access switch though and the accuator as well

so i have my work cut out for me in the near future

Monty