weird thingy

Guest RedCutlassSL

okay look by the antenna mast for a wire with a black lookin thing and then it has a flat lookin wire tyupe thing it has it in your owners manual anyways if you find that ground it to your mast ground and if the car locks and unlocks then you have it then you just go to a junkyard and get a keyless entry remote and it will work talk to shawn he knows alot about this

Guest RedCutlassSL

i just went and looked, its black, and like there is also a gold metal piece on the outside that is about half its size. there are i think 2 wires coming out of it. i didn't see any wires from the antenna mast, i don't have power ant

Is there one similar to it on the right side too?

I remember in the lumina there were 2 black boxes on each side of the trunk, mounted to the wall w/ gold (or gold colored) brackets. Turned out they were the seatbelt mechanism's for the back seat. I didn't see any wired on mine though.. But I guess that could be what they are.

It's a black box for the government to track you down if you try to escape the confines of the land and sea borders of the United States of America.

Im stating to agree with that. can you even unscrew it and take it out at all?

it's definetly something very trivial, because like I said before it's in my mom's '95 with no folding seatback, no keyless, no alarm....One day I'll look, unless you get a snapshot first!

Guest RedCutlassSL

i believe a brownish, gold type color, and the other is black. I think maybe it is a black box the goverment installed. That would explain why I sometimes wake up in room that is all white, and very bright