Code deletion?

turboz34

When you reprogram the mem cal for performance app. can you also delet codes, like egr? :? I know you can do this on the ecu on a newer car but wasnt sure on a older one? Thanks

basically on all cars u can clear the codes by disconnecting the neg terminal on the battery and press the brake pedal for 10 sec .... what this does is clear the KAM (keep alive memory) .... Basically it clears all codes, freze frames ..... one draw back in doing this is that the car has to relearn the idle and shifting .... basically to do the relearning ... u should drive it from 0-60 under light , meduim and wot throttle.

im pretty sure the above would apply to proformance enhancements too

Guest Anonymous
basically on all cars u can clear the codes by disconnecting the neg terminal on the battery and press the brake pedal for 10 sec .... what this does is clear the KAM (keep alive memory) .... Basically it clears all codes, freze frames ..... one draw back in doing this is that the car has to relearn the idle and shifting .... basically to do the relearning ... u should drive it from 0-60 under light , meduim and wot throttle.

im pretty sure the above would apply to proformance enhancements too

Not what he was asking...

You can turn the EGR off in the code.

I guess I said that funny, sorry. I want to have a chip burned that will eliminate code 32 or the egr. You can have this done on a gtp because they re-program the ecu not a mem-cal. CAN YOU DELETE CODES OUT OF THE SYSTEM WITH A CHIP. sorry about that badforu. I guess I should e-mail ffp.