loss of torque with cone filter?

Nick1234

Why do this happen. What is it when the intake is restricted that gives it more torque?

With the cone you're drawing more air so it's leaning out the air fuel mixture. On older bikes with carbs switching from the stock airbox to K & N pods required a MAJOR change in carb jets and needles (Mikunis anyway). Same for many older carbureted cars when swicthing from the old single snorkel air cleaner to an open element you usually needed to richen up the mixture. On newer FI cars depending on the system the cone is replacing the ECM can't adequately compensate for the added air flow so it runs lean and you lose power on the low end.

would a variable Air Intake Temperture mod help ajust? the ebay scam ripoff resistor.

I think you're looking at a reprogrammed chip....... a REAL reprogrammed chip.

lol! yeah. i was saying for those who havent done that yet

i do have a chip and it works for me

Don't mind me, I fell at work last week and cracked my melon on the floor............ I'm a little ..................... uh.............. slow..............

Its cool Hippie.

i didnt know you were around quincey! thats hella close to me.

how far are you from H-town.. aka hannibal,MO

I'm just South of the Quad Cities on the Illinois side. Probably a couple hours North of Hannibal. BTW, love the caves ! :wink:

Its cool Hippie.

i didnt know you were around quincey! thats hella close to me.

how far are you from H-town.. aka hannibal,MO

I'm just South of the Quad Cities on the Illinois side. Probably a couple hours North of Hannibal. BTW, love the caves ! :wink:

Those caves are old school. i havent been in the 2nd one yet. its only open 2 days out of the year for some reason. Uppose to be Hardcore adventrueous.