SES light diagnostics.

phantomshado

Looking the connection veritcally up towards the sky (if you were laying in the car) where the top of the picture is towards the firewall, the two ports that need to be connected are the bottom left. For some other models they could be any other position, but they be always be side-by-side together.

Thats from the site can badass cited (thanks a ton btw, I knew it was out there somewhere!)

The ports are the bottom left, correct? Is that on the bottom row as in the pic, or is it the bottom row as in closer to the firewall? Beyond that, if I do this wrong, will it hurt my car at all??

Guest TurboSedan
Looking the connection veritcally up towards the sky (if you were laying in the car) where the top of the picture is towards the firewall, the two ports that need to be connected are the bottom left. For some other models they could be any other position, but they be always be side-by-side together.

Thats from the site can badass cited (thanks a ton btw, I knew it was out there somewhere!)

The ports are the bottom left, correct? Is that on the bottom row as in the pic, or is it the bottom row as in closer to the firewall? Beyond that, if I do this wrong, will it hurt my car at all??

there is only one place in the ALDL diagnostic plug that has 2 connectors side-by-side ;) most of the connector locations in the plug are empty. ground these two connectors with a paper clip, then turn the ignition on (don't start) and read the codes via the flashing SES light. it will always start & end with a code '12', which just means it's in diagnostic mode. a Haynes manual will have this entire procedure.

joshua