enter the cruise control

Crimson Fury Z

i tried to use it again, and like in my previous CC post, the rpm's hold and the speedo tries to match the rpms. i push the lil knob to the right to accelerate and it can barely do it, so then i pushed the pedal(while still pushing the knob) and it started to accelerate. then after letting off the pedal it does a little better holding the speed. i checked that ball and hose, and it doesnt seem to leak, any guesses?

thanks fer the info in advance!

look for a really small vacuum hose, that runs behind the engine, it'll be roughly the same size as the one on the back of the turnsignal switch thing, it may have gotten melted. are your heater controls working properly?

I had this problem too, and it was because of a melted vacuum line...

I just pulled my radiator out today to find a leak, also I'm changing my thermostat (stock temp)... I'm having the same problem, my cruise wont even set I was thinking maybe a bad switch at first but my heat blows like a/c... I have a feeling its a vac line... I was going to check ALL of them but I really dont want to unless I have to... which ones should I check? (other than the one mentioned by Bolt_Crank)

the problem i have is that it won't hold speed. I will be driving on flat land, and it is fine, i get to an incline, and it drops speed. I replaced what seemed to be a bad vacuum line, but didn't help. The other vacuum line goes into a wire harnest type of thing around the back of the engine to who knows were. I also have the problem when the a/c is on, and i give it more than 1/2 throttle, it shuts off, then after a while turns on.

nick

the problem i have is that it won't hold speed. I will be driving on flat land, and it is fine, i get to an incline, and it drops speed. I replaced what seemed to be a bad vacuum line, but didn't help. The other vacuum line goes into a wire harnest type of thing around the back of the engine to who knows were. I also have the problem when the a/c is on, and i give it more than 1/2 throttle, it shuts off, then after a while turns on.

nick

yeah, that'll be that little tiny vacuum line, it runs across the back of the engine, to a little box on the accessory side

Yeah, mine still works if I play with the controls a little (move it in/out/around) but if I have to use the turn signal or touch the control at all or if I hit a larger than normal bump it will kick out.

I figure I had a short in the column and just haven't had time to go to autoZ to take of the wheel and see what is happening.

nick

yeah, that'll be that little tiny vacuum line, it runs across the back of the engine, to a little box on the accessory side

would you care to elaberate on this a little more. Where does it come from and what box does it go to. Where on the firewall?thanks nick

Werd, wheres this little box located at? I have a vacuum line sitting in my engine bay right now with a screw in it, and I'm pretty sure its the reason my cruise isn't working.