Rough shift into second

digitaloutsider

Recently, whenever my 4T60 shifts into second, it does it with a jerk. It doesn't do this all the time, just during moderate acceleration. If I start off WOT, It doesn't happen. Any ideas? I'm hoping this tranny doesn't decide to go :(

4t60 hmmmm i have a 4t60e piece of trash this tranny is i had the same problem like u had. Second might be shot or is getting there i suggest u start babying her now hehe i was a idiot one day and i decided to race a ricer and she went on me. Still beat the ricer tho :lol: from what i hear 4t60e is a crappy transmission u gotta baby it which is what i do now. I suggest having it checked on just to be safe.

I beat the piss out of my 4T60E and it hasn't complained yet (except that once, when it was a little low on fliud, but that was easilly fixed) you just need to keep up with fluid changes...

after hauling a 3500lb car with an extra 3500lbs or so of dirt and snow, my tranny still runs strong

Maybe try flushing your tranny.. regular maintenance can often solve problems.

That and as said check the vacuum system...found a couple broken lines in my GP hooked back up and the tranny shifts much smoother