• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ismellrealbad

• gpse3200

• gmrulz4u

• musthavemuzk

for myself just about anything.

it is all mood dependant as well as not pushing music on others that i know they are not into.

Santana-Shaman is the latest CD that has alot of playtime. had to make a copy for the car as it is dificult to remove it from the DVD player upstairs. as the DVD player does not play burnt cd's.

Mr. Slowhands has to be my favorite though. Eric Clapton for those who do not know him by that nick.

Monty

My own music, I like to listen to a few tunes by Enigma, Delerium, Mike Oldfield, Moby, KLH, Depeche Mode, Enya, Duran Duran, Robert Miles, and tons of various other stuff. Except for Delerium and Enigma, I only usually like one or two songs from various artists. I can listen to an old Delerium or Enigma CD straight through. I also have a collection of rap tunes that I like to listen to if I'm in my Cutty with the 2 12"s.

However, most of the time I jam to the local rap/r&b station.

Lets get this straight - Linkin Park is AWESOME. They started what is now these billions of newbie band bullshit, were the only good ones and were the first. Why do people hate it so much? I dont know. What i do know is i havent heard of a single person, and i can say this honestley, EVER that ive ever been in contact with that said they hated them. The problem with them is they are SO PLAYED OUT. I cannot listen to them on the radio, and yes reanimation is garbage, but it wasnt meant to be their new CD, they are currently working on one now, and i know it will kick ass. after them all these new bands started popping up, and they all suck - corporate trash.

Korn-My dog can play better music than their 5th and latest CD. But they ran out of gas. Their first 3 albums are some of the best rock out there. If you have only heard the 5th cd, then do not judge them. The 4th one is controversial.

My absolute favorite things to listen to while driving are:

TOM PETTY!!!!!

Techno (at night)

Eminem

Blink 182

Aerosmith

Disturbed

Eveything else i listen to:

guns n roses, linkin park, korn, rob/white zombie, nin, ratm, new found glory, fenix tx, 311, metallica, offspring, many many others i cannot think of now, anything from oldies to rap...NO COUNTRY UGGGH

Favorite songs ever:

Aerosmith-dream on

GNR-November rain

wow i guess im the only one who likes rap in here! :!:

I like all kinds of music too, but to be honest, going 2 school i love listening to my car...engine startup, revving it, hearing it scream at WOT when im getting on the high way..! AAAHH! The sweet sound of four cams roaring! I call her 'Prix and she's a screamer!

Punk. Not the corporate punk trash that somehow everyone that doesn't know anything but the radio and MTV seem to consider "punk". Black flag, descendents, pennywise, NOFX, Snuff. If im gonna relax, its gonna be sublime, slightly stoopid, or bob marley. If I wanna drive my car into oncoming traffic, ill pop in some smashing pumpkins.

I can go for some new rock but I also like the old stuff as well. Give me Chicago and Huey Lewis anyday. I also like 70's rock/pop and yes disco. Love the BeeGees but JUST KEEP ME AWAY FROM CAT STEVENS!!! Uhk I hate that man....And Linda Ronstatd and her You're no Go good You're Baby No Good! If it's 80's give me Lionel Richie's You Are and Billy Oceanic's Without You and Kenny Loggin's And that other guy who sang Don't Fight It! Country is in there but very very specific and not often.

Oh my Great G++ I forgot to Mentio Billy Joel! I'm a freaken LongIslander how could I forget him:) Love Just the Way You Are. My University has a Bell for the campus that rang on the hour, and sometimes it would play that:)

Guest TurboSedan
I love listening to music in my car I guess thats why I put so much money in my stereo system.

Yellowcard....

And thats just a few...I have an extensive cd collection thanks to the internet a cable modem and a burner I also have nearly 1200 Mp3's. =)

i just saw yellowcard with Less than Jake and the Teen Idols a few months ago....no offense but i thought Yellowcard totally sucked hahah. i still want to start a Hotline MP3 server.....i have about 24 gigs (like 600 CDs) that are all ultra organized and either 160/192kbps. i have DSL, now i need a 60gig hard drive!

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Punk. Not the corporate punk trash that somehow everyone that doesn't know anything but the radio and MTV seem to consider "punk". Black flag, descendents, pennywise, NOFX, Snuff. If im gonna relax, its gonna be sublime, slightly stoopid, or bob marley. If I wanna drive my car into oncoming traffic, ill pop in some smashing pumpkins.

i used to HATE punk but i like it now. i listen to alot of NOFX , the Lillingtons, Screeching Weasel, Operation Ivy, Rancid, lots of comps... i say propaghandi this year live and wasn't too crazy about them (went with my roomates), but it was a good show.

joshua

well

rock (G&R etc) , grunge (pearl jam, alice in chains, sound garden, templo of the dog, etc)

I can take a little rap.... like the funnie shiz....

and for the record, linkin park blows, they dont wright there own songs, there a "base line band" and they really really really really reallly suck live.......

my sis bought tickets, thats the only reson I saw then......

new music sucks and has no character, it's watered down bland garbage made to me non-offensive (like the whole entire "NOW" collection, if you want to die) or just outright stupid (eminem- how many times can you fucking drill into my head "the opportunity comes once in a lifetime" SHut the fuck up) The only thing decent is some choice items from the 80's, first generation rap, R&B pre-1990, I would say rock from the 80's but outside of Boston, Journey, and CHicago, everything is played out and transformed into top 40 shit. Some people are on the fine line between real music and top 40, people like Bon Jovi, guns n roses, a few def leppard songs fell deep into the top 40 bottomless pit!

Guest TurboSedan
no offense but DSL totally sucks! :flip: :lol:

no offense taken, but why does DSL totally suck? i download from Hotline 5 times faster than i could with the crappy ass ultra unreliable and always busy UW dialup server, so i'm happy. i'm not sure if wireless or cable is available in Laramie.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

holy shit! i have never really liked rap; the closest i have gotten is G. Love & Special Sauce and that isn't rap at all. but i just downloaded an album by Del the Funky Homosapien and it KICKS ASS. TOTALLY ROCKIN' :) :) Del is also part of Gorillaz i think. it's not crack whore thug life whiny rap either.

joshua

DSL totally sucks cuz cable is five times better than the fastest dsl available, much faster upstream speeds, and if you live far from the provider your service wont suck even more....it also typically costs less per month 8)

but with DSL you pay for your bandwidth and you are guaranteed that bandwidth.

with cable you have more likely than not a cap on your up and down. at least i do. if you do not then the number you are told is a max. you may get that speed and then again you may not get that speed..

i do agree though that cable is far cheaper than DSL. but if you online game then DSL is prolly the better bet. as your connection is more stable than cable.

in the real world though both beat the heck out of dialup.

Monty

cable is just as, if not more stable than DSL. my service may go out for a night once a month at the very MOST and usually not even that often. The speeds i get on downloads range anywhere from 200kB/sec to over 600KB on a good night from a good server. i downloaded SP1 in around 3 minutes. i was never told there was a cap on how fast you go, so unless those speeds are my actual cap, then as far as im concerned cable is capable of even faster speeds. dialup should be obsolete by now, its about as useful as cassette tapes. verizon wants 50 a month for 768Kb(kilobits, not bytes) service. If information from cisco networks is correct then one Byte is equal to Eight bits. If i download one file at 600KBytes a second, thats the same as 4,800Kbits. That means verizons fastest possible speed for that plan is 6.25 times slower than a good night on my modem. My slowest common speed of 200Kbytes comes to 1,600Kbits - still twice as fast as DSL. All their other advantages over dialup are exatly the the same, dedicated connection, phone lines freed up. With DSL you simply pay more for less 8)