Coolant Temperature Sensor

93 Grand Prix

Actually it could.

There are 2 coolant temp sensors... 1 for the ECM so it knows when to turn on coolant fans, when to go into closed loop, AFR, etc.

Then there's 1 for the cluster.

The one you'd need to replace is the one for the ECM, assuming that's the problem. I don't know if the one you linked to is for the ECM or not.

the cts located just under your intake to TB pipe behind/under your thermostat housing. this could cause you fan not to come on because the signal that goes to the ecu comes from here and also to the dash guage. the other sensor located in the top of the radiator is just to let you know the coolant is low. I would say to replace your cts it cost me $6.50 at autozone. If your fan still doesn't come on run a jumper wire to it to see if it at least will turn on. also like what was said check your fuses.

I checked my schematics, and there are indeed TWO coolant temp sensors. One with a yellow wire is exclusively used by the ECM, the other has a dark green wire and is exclusively used by the cluster. Both are close to each other, according to the service manual.

I'm not talking about the one on the radiator.

This reminds of the problem my car was having over the summer my fan wasn't kicking on either. I looked in my Haynes manual and after jumping my fan and I knew my motor wasnt burn out so the next step was sensors and relays. Instead of making three or four trips to the auto parts store I just picked up the coolant temperature sensor, coolant fan relay and coolant temperature switch and replaced them at the same time. All together it costed under $15.00 and my fan worked again.