Anybody seen this?

SuperBuick

He's got a 10K reserve on the car.. he doesn't think it'll get that high.

I read on clubgp that he's put over 18k in to the car..

that's a lotta money for a lumina.

Considering GM's resale value, the fact that a professional shop didnt do this and theres no warranty, and since a 99 GTP goes for $9995 nowadays, Id say he'll get $4500. Tops. We should all know better that we arent going to get a high return on GM/Ford/ChryCo unfortunately! Didnt the asg Lumina only go for like 3 grand???

if that was only in the body of a 96 grand prix id pay him $6k for that shit if i had to and if i HAD it....to me it would not be a ripoff. i would just want to make sure somehow that the car is stable. i dont want the fucking thing to not be running 2,000 miles later

On his web site he said he cut out one ring of the stock front springs to lower it one inch. Is this a viable idea? I don't have $85 to buy a lowering spring and had thought about this... no one I know thought it was a good idea though.

Guest TurboSedan

i have heard that cutting a lowering spring is perfectly OK. i think BowtieKid did it with his Suspension Techinique springs (?). i wouldn't cut a whole coil off tho....that sounds pretty extreme to me. i have Eibach lowering springs and i'm cutting a 1/4 coil off each spring when i do the '95+ front brake upgrade.

joshua

if that was only in the body of a 96 grand prix id pay him $6k for that shit if i had to and if i HAD it....to me it would not be a ripoff. i would just want to make sure somehow that the car is stable. i dont want the fucking thing to not be running 2,000 miles later

Stable, hahah! That's probably why he's selling it.

His engine is crooked and he drilled out the knuckles to accept 3-bolt hubs when it previously had much stronger 4-bolt hubs properly mounted.

If anyone wants to see pics of what the car currently looks like.. Email him.. he'll send them to you.

The pic he posted is from a few years ago. Just when they got done with the swap and paint job.

Stable, hahah! That's probably why he's selling it.

His engine is crooked and he drilled out the knuckles to accept 3-bolt hubs when it previously had much stronger 4-bolt hubs properly mounted.

heh i stand corrected

I got the chance to see that Lumina up close at the 2001 W-body gathering in Kansas and it was impressive. I know some of you question how stable it is but looking over the car it looks better built and put together then chevy did orginaly. He did do a real nice job with it and does look professional. Just wanted to let you guys know that its no wreck, by the way, that thing can haul ass!

Jason

Looks can be deceiving.

If he had to move his dogbones 1" like he said on his webpage, the engine is cockeyed and crooked.

The way he retrofitted the 97+ GTP hubs was nothing short of ghetto (besides, they are an inferior design and much more prone to failure than 88-96). It's possible to use the proper hubs by building hybrid halfshafts (easy) but I guess he wanted to get things done quick & dirty.

Looks can be deceiving.

If he had to move his dogbones 1" like he said on his webpage, the engine is cockeyed and crooked.

The way he retrofitted the 97+ GTP hubs was nothing short of ghetto (besides, they are an inferior design and much more prone to failure than 88-96). It's possible to use the proper hubs by building hybrid halfshafts (easy) but I guess he wanted to get things done quick & dirty.

I did a hybrid axle. only reason i would do the new hubs is to get the correct offset to run the new GP wheels.

RedZ

I did a hybrid axle. only reason i would do the new hubs is to get the correct offset to run the new GP wheels.

RedZ

I don't think the 97+ hubs will give you the correct offset. If the 97+ hubs changed the offset, you'd need to fabricate custom mounts for the rotors and calipers. I don't think Tom did that.

I remember him saying he wanted a pure sleeper. Something no one would ever think of as having power, what better than a four door Lumina? However, I myself agree, I would put that money into a nicer car, the Euro's are nice but a little bare.

Jason

I remember him saying he wanted a pure sleeper. Something no one would ever think of as having power, what better than a four door Lumina? However, I myself agree, I would put that money into a nicer car, the Euro's are nice but a little bare.

Jason

"Hey, could you open your window and adjust my passenger side mirror for me?"