Accell 19 pound injectors

GRANDFURY

They'll physically work, but you dont need them with stock everything else. You'd just run really rich. There is never a need to upgrade injectors without a lot of internal motor work.

I was just wondering because for original ones they want 119$ each but for the level two's they only want 54$ each and i'm all about saving money cuase it is expensive enough as it is. so what else would I need for it not to run rich? promgramed chip ? , Matching fuel pump? , upgrade ingion or cam shaft? Any ideas guy? Thanx 8)

Are your injectors bad? If you need some injectors just go to a junkyard and steal some. These are decent injectors and are pretty fail safe. You'd need custom tuning but why bother with custom tuning on an otherwise stock motor?

What about flushing the injectors out? could you just blast them with compressed air when they are out of the engine or what? I want to get them as cheap as posible but don't want to put in old ones from a yard unless I can know for sure they are good or clean them out. Could all the tuning be done with a custom chip from ffp if I told them exactly what everthing is, it says they can custom tune chips for modded engines so would this apply? The engine isn't going to be stock for long, I'm planning everything now cause spring is comming fast. Thanx for the addvise though. 8)

a good rule of thumb when pulling motor parts out of a junkyard car... if the car doesnt look to have much physical damage to it (i.e. wasnt in a wreck) then it is most likely in the yard to to some kind of mechanical failure...

i always pull motor parts form a car that has heavy body damage... 99 times out of 100 thats the reason it was junked and it will most likely run just fine...

- Justin

Alright...so it is getting modded. What are you doing to the motor? Yes, I guess FFP could tune to your injectors...but for that it would probably be better to take them your car for a couple of days. Anyway, what you are doing to the motor is what is important. Unless you're doing crazy stuff stock should be fine. Lemme know what you plan to do

I plan on a bigger throttle body, ported upper and lower manifolds, ported heads, under drive pully, poly bones, cold air set up, magna flow mufflers, 5.0 mustang intank fuel pump, some kind of cam , bigger injectors, MSD ignition ( eventough I hear it is crap), and I have to learn more about NOS but I don't think i'll go for that. And thats about it untill I can find some where to get some headers. can you think of any thing else that might help too. I was thinking of roller rockers too but we'll see. Sorry above I said 2.8 but I meant 3.1 I know same but different storke. Thanx 8)

Yeah, screw that MSD. NOS and the cam are the only things that would really affect your injector choice, the NOS more than the cam. I wouldnt bother with the fuel pump.....and if you do, go for a Walbro 255

Cool thanx for the addvice Robby, hahaha never noticed before but we have the same name. 8) Do you think the 3.1 will run pretty quick then? I know it wont be as fast as a 3.4 DOHC but I like the 3.1 and 2.8. 8)

what other companies make coils for our cars? I saw some Moroso ones but I think they might be for distributars. Are the msd coil paks shit too or is it just the ignition box that sux ? I need some new coils for sure and affter market ones are usally cheaper than OE ones. Thats what started this whole thread because the accel injectors are sooooooooooo much cheaper than the OE ones too. Thanx again guys. 8)

what other companies make coils for our cars? I saw some Moroso ones but I think they might be for distributars. Are the msd coil paks shit too or is it just the ignition box that sux ? I need some new coils for sure and affter market ones are usally cheaper than OE ones. Thats what started this whole thread because the accel injectors are sooooooooooo much cheaper than the OE ones too. Thanx again guys. 8)

MSD does make coils, they should be pretty good. Stay away from Accell coils, they are shit. In reality, stock coils are very good and all just about anyone needs even with a lot of mods. I would just go to a junkyard, and get a spare ICM and coils and swap them on. If they dont work, go find some more coils, they are cheap on ebay and cheap from a yard. Back to the injectors.......if you want some cheap ones, go to a junkyard and look for a 3.1L with the plenum already off and steal the 6 injectors, then take them and have them balanced and tested to get the impedence on all of them at 12 ohms. If you have that done, they will good as new. Do you have AIM? or MSN? If you do, try IMing me, we can talk more. Im not on much this week, but usually at night and during the day a little