3800 camshaft options

SuperBuick

Anyone know of anyone making a performance camshaft for 3800 series 1 V6s? I remember someone emailed me once a long time ago with a manufacturer and a part number but I have since lost it (typical)

Crower will grind one for me, but I just want to take a look at other options.

let me know - Tom

I remember hearing about that as well. I can't remember who or what the company was. However, how much horsepower do you expect to gain from the camshaft? I guess your idle will be slightly erratic or lopey after the cam is installed, right? Let me know how it turns out.

I hope its lopey!!! lolol. I would like to see some of the effects that Lorenzo (GPSE3200) has felt on his car with the change of Cam. More mid-top end power. I will keep all posted on this. - Tom

I agree, the 3800 Tuned Port has gobs of low end torque, but loses steam after around 90km/h or 4000RPM. Not like I ever rev that high anyways, but it would be nice to have more midrange punch. Doesn't Lorenzo have the 3100 SFI? I wonder what kind of gain he would've had on that engine. I think they're something like 160HP stock or so.