trunk not popin open like it should?

stlunatics2oo3

my trunk isn't unlockin with the keyless entry remote but i can hear a click noise but no response to the trunk lock so could this be a solenoid or just a think like in the power windows moter a broken or not touchin wire ?????? nad how do i check it if it is broken and or how do i take it off?

On the solenoid, stick your finger in there, and see if you can move the little arm (the piece that moves to open the trunk). If it does not move, then it is bad. (also, it can move, and still be bad. I mean for you to check to see if it is frozen). To take the solenoid out, you have to take the two 10mm scres out of it on the lip, and one of the main screws that holds the entire solenoid to the trunk lid. Just look, and you will see it. There is one wire going to the solenoid. The solenoid itself is grounded to the trunk latch.

Taylor

hook up one lead of your volt reader to the plug (unplug it from the solenoid), and hook the other one to a ground (the body, or the screw at the antenna). Either press the button (which it will just flash it really quick), or hae someone go into the car and press, and hold, the button under the dash (the yellow button that should be by your left knee when you are sitting in the drivers seat). As long as the button is held down, there is a steady stream of power going to the solenoid that you should be able to read.

Taylor