Loud, strange, almost buzzing noise

hoodilio

There has been a loud, strange, almost buzzing noise comming from the right side of my front valve cover area, where the PCV valve is located. I thought it might be the actual PCV valve, but after replacing it, the noise is still present. Could it possible be something loose under the cover, or a broken spring or something?

i do not have an answer to your Q but I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!

can i have it?

please?

i do not recall a cutlass coupe of that color before i have seen many GP's that color but no cutlass's.

verry nice.

:D

Monty

haha, thanx, im starting to fall out of love with it, if you wanna throw me a price, i have been thinking of selling it (minus all the mods becides the exhaust)(unless the buyer would wanna pay more for them)

ok, today i checked out the noise again, and it seems as though the PCV valve is buzing, if i unlpug it and take it out the noise goes away, but i dont know if is actually going away or i just cant hear it because the engine revs up and is louder. I wish to god i had time to bring it to a shop, fuckin college takes away all my time i would be spending with my car.

I replaced the PCV valve a few days ago, this time with one from Auto Zone and not from Advanced Auto like last time, and it fits snugger and does not make the anoying rattleing sound anymore. Now that that sound is gone I can now hear 2 other anoying sounds. One is from the alternator (will prob need a new one soon), and one is from the center of the intake manifold (who knows that the hell that could be). Peace.

I replaced the PCV valve a few days ago, this time with one from Auto Zone and not from Advanced Auto like last time, and it fits snugger and does not make the anoying rattleing sound anymore. Now that that sound is gone I can now hear 2 other anoying sounds. One is from the alternator (will prob need a new one soon), and one is from the center of the intake manifold (who knows that the hell that could be). Peace.

its like the gift that keeps giving :lol: