3.4L Equilengh Headers By Aaron

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

I can honestly say I have some respect for you Aaron. After all the beating you take from people and how dumb you sound sometimes, you do this. Nice work. Don't let anyone rag on you for the welds and/or design. At least you took the initiative to build them. Good job. :cheers:

looks good Aaron. the rears i can tell you will be a bit more difficult. if you want them to be equil lenth as the fronts are then you will need to drop them down and have them collect under the car... then have the x-over pipe collect into the rears right after the rear manifold collects. Watch for TALL speed bumps after they are on ;) or figure a way to shorten the front manifold so that you can have shorter primaris on the rear and collect before it is all the way under the car. simmilar to the TOG headers for the GTP's. Shorter primaries will give you more top end then longer primaries, which on your 5speed you will not notice a huge difference in torques where as my auto would suck, it allready sucks out of the hole... that is why i went the turbo route.

P.S. my jet coating place went out of business, but i may be able to get a hookup on "Jet Hot" brand coating... not going to be cheap tho i can tell you that right now. it will definatly help with heat. also if you use stainless steel it will keep the heat in the pipes more then mild steel.

I would recommend wrapping your fuel lines and other important wires that run near the header with that DEI heat shielding, does a good job. not sure if i like header wrap. it can cause moisture to be held on the pipe and cause it to rust, obviously stainless would not rust like mild so if you use stainless piping then it would be ok to run header wrap.

when its done you should come down here and take me for a ride.

sorry for the essay,

Shane

Someone better make this a sticky!!!! People aren't making fun of Aaron. Hell, I will. Aaron, good job dumbass. There, that's more like it. I'm still gonna whoop on your ass at the '04 Meet. :lol: :wink:

Guest TurboSedan
I'm still gonna whoop on your ass at the '04 Meet. :lol: :wink:

i'm gonna drive down to the springs and whoop his ass with my 4-banger TD one of these days! then i'll just wait and see if he posts a 'loser' story in the race section about how he got beat by some old Lebaron! j/k (sorta) :wink:

good job Aaron, it looks nice!

joshua

How long did it take for you to get those things together? Were you driving your car while you were making them? I want to start to learn how to weld, and i wouldnt mind making a set of those.

How long did it take for you to get those things together? Were you driving your car while you were making them? I want to start to learn how to weld, and i wouldnt mind making a set of those.

I learned the day before. The neighbor showed me the basics, I took some extra pipe of mine and went to war. It really isn't that hard. It took me a few weeks. I was not, my car is in the garage with a lot torn apart. I have detailed instructions on how I did them at 60* V6.