Check it out.

NORBI

PBase rules. I already had a couple friends copy off me and use it too and im glad you found it. i never gotten so much on the internet for free. I was so happy with it that i even donated them some money. made me feel all good on the inside

ooooooo.. your Convert. had the cassette deck w/ the EQ.. I'm jealous, lol. mine didn't have that. :D

Actually my factory deck didn't last long after I got mine.. I couldn't stand not being able to play my Cd's.. so in went the pioneer, and I put the factory one in the sammy, lol

i'm with you...what is with that northstart emblem with the olds taillight next to it?

so with this pbase can you hot link pics for sigs and avatars?

pretty simple and looks nice too. might have to recomend it to others.

nice gallery though NORBI

Monty

:D Thanks a lot guys, i always wanted to post my pictures of my cars but never could find a good web host that would do it for free but thanks to ismellrealbad. Thanks a lot.

And about the Northstar thing, wasnt the 3.4 DOHC one of the 1st generations of Northstar before it even bacame a v8 Northstar, i thought i would do that because it had to do some with Northstar technology, and guess what a lot of people actually believed that it was a real Northstar enigne and they told me that it must be very powerful. :D :devil:

Ummmm, no, the 3.4 DOHC is a 60-degree iron block based on the 60-degree Chevy pushrod engine. The 4.6L Northstar is an all-aluminum 90-degree V8 block! There is no trace of the 3.4 DOHC anywhere on the Northstar.

The only similarity is the DOHC configuration.

Sure would be nice to be able to cram a Northstar into a first gen W though.

I read at the http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/34Performance/ that 3.4 DOHC was right before the Northstar.

Quote:

The 3.4 was concepted as a V6 version of the Olds 2.3L "quad 4". The quad motor went into production in 1988, and that also marked the start of the V6 design program. The 3.4L DOHC was actually the forerunner of many current motors. The Cadillac Northstar 4.6L 32 Valve V8, and later the Aroura 4.0L 32-Valve V8, were sons of the V6 program. Now we have expanded into the 3.5L V6 and to a degree, the OHC Truck V8 small-block. Most of us wouldnt put that as important, but the lessons learned on the Quad 4 went into improvements for the 3.4 V6, and subsequently, the Northstar and Aroura.

Yeah, but they share virtually no similarities.

That info posted by "JJ" seems nothing more than rumors and speculation than actual fact. Anyone who knows the inner workings of the 3.4 DOHC would probably agree, so I would take anything "JJ" says with a grain of salt.