What mufflers should I get for my STE?

dbtk2

My stock mufflers are starting to rust through, so I was going to replace them anyways, but I want something slightly louder than stock, and also a little better flowing. I don't want something extremely loud, or with a lot of drone, just a little louder than stock. I don't have any idea how loud any mufflers are so I don't know where to start. What mufflers do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Shawn

Going by your tastes, Magnaflow's should suit you PERFECTLY. Not a really loud muffler, until you really hammer it anyway. They sound really smooth and deep, and don't have any drone.

I do need to know however what car you're going to be putting them on, because that way I can help you with the model muffler for you.

Ahh shit I didn't realize the forum i was in, or the post subject, lol.

Anyway you can get Magnaflow's for your car (the dual setup) off ebay for 45 bucks each. The model 11224 should work perfectly for you, that's what I used. I'm not sure if the diamater of the midpipe on the 3.1 cars is 2.25" though, but I'd say it is, if that's the case than the 11224 will be fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3139396046&category=26424

And to check to see what model you want, you can just check out http://www.magnaflow.com

I know the pipe is 2.25" before it splits for the mufflers, so I would assume it is probably 2" after the split, meaning that would be the right muffler. I guess I will try those out, thanks.

Shawn

Anyone know why the part numbers that guy is selling from ebay don't match up to anything on Magnaflow's website? I searched that whole site. Are they an older model? Anyway, I was reading up on their site (http://www.magnaflow.com/01home.htm) and they sound like a good muffler. I'm also looking to replace my stock mufflers that are also starting to rust through. Does anyone have a sound clip of a TGP with these mufflers?

Sweet! That sounds so good. dbtk2, what do you think? Still going to get them? Now if anyone has a clip of some DynoMax mufflers that would be great. They are the other brand I'm considering. I've heard some good things about them.

I know the pipe is 2.25" before it splits for the mufflers, so I would assume it is probably 2" after the split, meaning that would be the right muffler. I guess I will try those out, thanks.

Shawn

You might want to check on the size MY STE's

exhaust if 2.5 back then to 2.25 at the Y

and im going with flowmaster 40 series on mine. I like it loud :twisted:

Shawn

You might want to check on the size MY STE's

exhaust if 2.5 back then to 2.25 at the Y

and im going with flowmaster 40 series on mine. I like it loud :twisted:

Well, I am assuming the exhaust is identical to the exhaust on the coupes, and I know for a fact that it is 2.25" before the Y because we cut the cat out of the pipe and had to use 2.25" pipe to replace it. I guess I will find out.

Shawn

which magnaflows are you guys suggesting and what is the flow rate on them compared to say a dynomax ultra flow welded muffler(around 1100cfm..plenty of flow with these!!!!!)? I think the magnaflows and dynomaxs have nearly identical sounds, I've heard a few cars around here with the dynomax ultraflows that sounded pretty good and had a low deep tone to them and got a bit louder when accelerating. Also check out http://www.bigexhaust.com to reference those ebay numbers..there are tons of variations of the magnaflows and dynomax mufflers dealing with case size and whatnot, i was looking at them earlier tonight.