Window removal?

supreme_style21

There is no easy way that I know of.

Basically just remove the door panel by removing the screws that hold the door panel on the door. You need to carefully pry out the door switches control. Remove any insulator that blocks your access to plastic clamp that holds the window. It is usually held tight by a screw.

You need to reconnect the door switches back to control the window up or down until you can see the plastic clamp screws that holds the window in place.

Once the screws are out then you can carefully raise the window up with the door switches. You can then grab the window up all the way and out of the door.

Alright.. I'll see if that makes sense when I open up the door. I was reading in the Chiltons.. and it looked to be too easy to be true.. supposedly they just put it up half way, and tipped it out..

Just be careful, there were guys in my auto body class that tried removing door windows from a 1980's cougar. Two doors, two guys that did very well in the class, both shattered the windows. The did something wrong but i dont know what cuz i wasnt watching them i was just there to hear the glass explod.

if you are talking about the black plastic thing that attaches to the actuator and then to the track on the bottom of the window, it isn't held in by screws. To prevent breaking the window, you will want to slide that out rather than "pop" it out. To do this you will probably have to grind off the 4 rivets that hold the motor and actuator to the door. As far as getting the window out from there, I dunno. It's a PITA have fun and good luck.

I am three weeks into a new career as an auto glass tech.

Patiance is all you need to do door glass.

The hardest part is figuring how to pop the clips that hold the panel on without breaking plastic. And remembering to put it all back, extra screws mean future trouble.

DO NOT in any way damage the edge of the glass. Pull ALL of the gaskets while the window is down BEFORE trying to remove.

And when trying to put the gaskets back after you put the glass in, finesse it, and let the WINDOW do the work. Push it down as far as you can while the window is half up, when it will not easilly slide roll the window up, and push the gasket down as you roll the window back down.

Take your time and walk away if it starts to bug you.

If you are replacing a broken window be sure to get all off the glass out of the guides and the gasket. One little piece can cause you to pop the new window when you try to roll it up and it catches the egde.

Alright we'll see what happens later this week. I'm planning on tinting them. And yes, I know you can do it on the car. I HATE doing it that way. I'd rather have everything laying flat in front of me so I can take my time. It may be more work to take everything out, but thats what I'm gonna try.

Thanks guys!