Need help to identify a couple of items

Afubar

Hey there guys, just had the top on my 1993 vert replaced. Since the piece the covered the workings of the top ( like the inside ribs) had pretty much rotted, this is the first time I’ve ever seen the bottom of the top.  There are two metal hook like pieces on either side of the top back behind the back windows that I have no idea what they are or where they should go.

Any ideas? 
Thanks

IMG_0295.jpeg

IMG_0296.jpeg

So, no one has a clue what this is?  One good thing that I’ve learned is that Rock Auto carries a headliner (see, I found out what the piece that covered the ribs is called, LOL) for these cars, will be ordering one.  Resized_Resized_20240530_193630.jpeg.922fa190e7247c414bd8d56fd83a0bb6.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20240530_193653.jpeg.b04586ceaf815014de69fc8e1526b4bb.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20240530_193642.jpeg.91e79c17a5273a331dbdaef90ab980e2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this, looks like they did a good job getting the top on though. Ive yet to do this job and still need to snag a few more parts as well as a headliner.

Hey there, after much thought I have tentatively decided that the items that I requested help to identify might just be there to keep the top from going to far into the well in the trunk when the top is put down.  

Since those hook like parts would be covered up with the headliner and placed up against the top instead of hanging out like the pictures, it seems to make sense that they would be placed under the frame work and be first down into the trunk well before the rest of the top.

So what do you all think?  Have I lost all my marbles, or could this be the answer?