93 ACC questions...

Nick727

So the digital read out on my Automatic Climate Control does not dim when I turn on my lights and is very bright at night. Also all of my buttons are worn to the point that it's hard to read them when the back light is on at night. I was wondering if there is a set of stickers to put over the buttons to make them look new like I've seen for other models and 2 is the digital read out supposed to dim when the lights come on?

10 hours ago, Nick727 said:

So the digital read out on my Automatic Climate Control does not dim when I turn on my lights and is very bright at night. Also all of my buttons are worn to the point that it's hard to read them when the back light is on at night. I was wondering if there is a set of stickers to put over the buttons to make them look new like I've seen for other models and 2 is the digital read out supposed to dim when the lights come on?

You will probably need to replace the unit. I'm not aware of any new decals for these. I can't remember if the display is supposed to dim with the dimmer switch. 

I think it is possible to replace just the buttons if you find another unit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 8:29 AM, 94 olds vert said:

You will probably need to replace the unit. I'm not aware of any new decals for these. I can't remember if the display is supposed to dim with the dimmer switch. 

I think it is possible to replace just the buttons if you find another unit. 

Mine's still working, which is a good thing since I can't find one.:( Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a replacement as I'm sure I'll need one at some point. In the mean time I get to try and figure out why my top will go down but not up on it's own. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick727 said:

Mine's still working, which is a good thing since I can't find one.:( Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a replacement as I'm sure I'll need one at some point. In the mean time I get to try and figure out why my top will go down but not up on it's own. lol

The problem could be with the switch if the contacts have gone bad. If you have a multimeter you should be able to test it for continuity. 

On 4/25/2024 at 7:08 AM, 94 olds vert said:

The problem could be with the switch if the contacts have gone bad. If you have a multimeter you should be able to test it for continuity. 

Are you talking about the dimmer switch? Because all of the other dash lights dim with it. Just not the digital read out on the ACC It's on always bright.

4 hours ago, Nick727 said:

Are you talking about the dimmer switch? Because all of the other dash lights dim with it. Just not the digital read out on the ACC It's on always bright.

I was talking about the top switch since you mentioned it only works in one direction. I think the readout on the ACC might not change with the dimmer. I forget exactly now, but there are a few things the dimmer does not control on these cars. I haven't owned a CS convertible in 6 years now. It's been nearly 15+ years since I DD one.  

Edited by 94 olds vert

oh... The top switch works both ways (insert bad joke) You can hear and see the top try to go back up it just doesn't have enough power to do so. Either the pump or the actuators possibly both are going. The car is just a toy so I haven't dug into it yet since it's not keeping me from driving it on nice days. Of course it would be nice to be able to put it up on my own lol