06 Buick Allure cx brake upgrade?

allure06

Hey Gang

I recently acquired an 06 Allure (Lacrosse) CX 3.8, I feel the stock brakes are inadequate they don't have enough stopping power. The previous owner had put in new pads and rotors but I don't feel stock brakes have enough "bite", I am on the lookout for options to upgrade to better brakes. I saw folks suggest 06 Impala caliper, bracket at front to other w-body cars of the era. Can I please get some suggestions as to what my options are?

Sorry in advance for noobish questions as this is my first car and I am just starting out.

Thanks in advance!

I'd be looking into why the OEM brakes are so weak.   I bet you don't need "upgrades", you need "repair".

Partially-seized calipers, sticking caliper guide pins, crappy, bottom-feeder pads, failure to flush ancient brake fluid using a scan tool to activate the ABS, perhaps a failing power booster--or not enough engine vacuum to work it, etc.

9 hours ago, Schurkey said:

I'd be looking into why the OEM brakes are so weak.   I bet you don't need "upgrades", you need "repair".

Partially-seized calipers, sticking caliper guide pins, crappy, bottom-feeder pads, failure to flush ancient brake fluid using a scan tool to activate the ABS, perhaps a failing power booster--or not enough engine vacuum to work it, etc.

Thank you for the reply, thats a great suggestion! My thinking was if I have to run through the brakes like rebuild the calipers etc why not upgrade to better calipers while I'm at it? It has single piston floating calipers at the front if I can get dual piston floating calipers from a similar period car to fit I guess it'll be a win win for me!

Thank you.