Oldsman

I bought my wife a 95 Cutlass Supreme convertible last November. I had looked at these cars for some time and finally found a red one with 26,000 miles on it. It was in the Dallas area so I did not have to travel or pay shipping to get it here. It has original paint and is near mint. It does have some rust on the undercarriage but that is all. It has the 3.4-liter engine. I will be looking for the two weather strips between the quarter panel and the rear windows. I don't know why those are deteriorated. I also have a 1975 Hurst Olds W30. 

I am a USAF Viet Nam Veteran and my wife and I have been married almost 57 years. We have resided in Rowlett, Texas (part of the DFW Metroplex) for the past 25 years. 

Welcome to the site! 

Those rear weather strips on the rear windows are hard to find NOS. In my experience a new NOS set (if you can even find one anymore) will look good but after times using the top it will just get torn up. I have a write up I did over a decade ago about how to replace those weather strips. I believe all the information in that thread should still be relevant. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Oldsman said:

I bought my wife a 95 Cutlass Supreme convertible last November. I had looked at these cars for some time and finally found a red one with 26,000 miles on it. It was in the Dallas area so I did not have to travel or pay shipping to get it here. It has original paint and is near mint. It does have some rust on the undercarriage but that is all. It has the 3.4-liter engine. I will be looking for the two weather strips between the quarter panel and the rear windows. I don't know why those are deteriorated. I also have a 1975 Hurst Olds W30. 

I am a USAF Viet Nam Veteran and my wife and I have been married almost 57 years. We have resided in Rowlett, Texas (part of the DFW Metroplex) for the past 25 years. 

Welcome, I'm down in Austin and have a friend in Rowlett with a red Celebrity Eurosport VR.

I used cut down 1993-2002 Camaro door weather strips as replacements, it was very easy and looked factory.

If you are on facebook, you should join our group Central Texas Buick, Olds, Pontiac club.

Edited by ManicMechanic

Welcome to the site Oldsman.  Post a picture of your old olds when you get a minute.
Congrats on 57 years with the mrs, that’s a feat in itself!  Hope you can get the car ready for spring and take her for a nice cruise to a nice spot for lunch or something.

Edited by GTP091

• 1 month later...

Hey, would you mind if I asked what you paid? I've noticed that clean Cutlass Supreme convertibles have been appreciating to all hell up here in Canada. Last squeaky-clean 3.4 lowish-mileage one I saw, the owner was asking something like 8000. This was a few years ago. I have to admit that I told him to go fly a kite! 😆

What's the market like for these things today?