NEW PURCHASE - 1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible

bluecalais79

Over the weekend I did a down and back to central Florida to pick up a white 1994 Cutlass Supreme convertible I saw on Auto Trader. Pictures are forthcoming as I put the car right into storage for a few months until the weather turns. It has just under 60,000 miles and has the infamous 3.4 motor.

It's got some issues but what old car doesn't. Someone got some crappy oily/sappy goo on the hood I will have to work at to get off. The weather-stripping around the tiny rear window is not staying on it so I'd better not drive this car in the rain until I fix that. The motor has a slight miss when idling and I'll guess being driven 100 miles in the last 10 (!) years might have something to do with that. I have new spark plugs and new spark plug wires on the way, it could use a good tune-up. The white top is filthy, I just ordered a kit to hopefully address that.

The interior in this car is absolutely MINT and it's burgandy, really sharp. It has an aftermarket radio which gets the boot as soon as I locate a correct CD player so I can get those steering wheel controls working again.

All in all I think this is going to be a great car once the above is addressed. NO rot underneath and no funny smells anywhere leads me to believe this car was always garage kept. Even the trailing arms have no rot.

We'll see........

• 3 weeks later...