Fuel Injectors

93 Grand Prix

Before I buy my second set of fuel injectors :!: (not cheap) I was wondering if it was a procedure to check for bad fuel injectors? Please let me know as soon as possible :!:

Thanks, and God Bless

DONT BUY NEW ONES! That will cost a fortune. Call this company up. They are called Marren Fuel Injection out of Connectticut. They completely redid mine to the point where they are better than stock and with the purchase buying a brand new injector(number 6 injector was too far gone) it only came to around 200. I cnat remember exactly.

http://www.injector.com[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

You need an Ohm meter. You test them where they get plugged into the wiring harness, You will see two blade connectors. You test across those two blades, and a good injector should read like 12.3 ohms plus or minus 10%. If the injector reads infinite ohms or high ohms, that means it is stuck open, and if it reads really low, then it's shorted, (A symtom of this is the car has no power cause the battery is dead because of the short) Either way you would need to replace it. If one is bad, replace them all!! The others will go, it's only a matter of time. If you go brand new from a Pep boys or Auto zone your are probably lookin at about $70.00 ea, but shop around, Ive heard good things about the accel injectors that summit sells, and i think you can pick up a brand new 6 pack for $225.00.

A n/a 2.8 or 3.1 takes about a 17 lbs/hour injector.

FOR THE PROFORMANCE GUYS ONLY: THE 2.8 OR 3.1 INJECTOR HAS THE SAME BODY AS A GM V8 INJECTOR, JUST A HIGHER FLOW RATE FOR THE V8 INJECTOR.

Let us know who's injectors you go with , and how you like um....

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know that Motorsport (Ford) injectors fit in the place of stock GM V8 injectors, and a set of Motorsport 19lb. are around $225 for 8. I am not sure if the stock ECM calibration will handle so much fuel, but if you have any work done that will require more fuel then you may benefit from bigger injectors.

Those come out to 20.9# injectors on a GM fuel pressure. Its too much for the stock computer (im running mustang injectors so I know what it does stock). You are better off having them cleaned and then change your fuel filter because they shouldn't die that fast.