i got my spoiler

stlunatics2oo3

i got a spoiler off a early model fire bird it isn't huge but it looks nice i need to know exactly how to paint it ?

if i just sand it a lil and paint it or just primer it and then paint then gloss or what ? thanks in advanced

As long as the paint on the spoiler isnt flaking off, sand it down a little with like 400 grit sandpaper, spray a light coat of Bulldog paint adhesion promoter (found at walmart) then in 5 minutes, spray the top coat. THE BEST PAINT that will be a dead on match is the 5 oz duplicolor spray cans, look up the exact part # in the book (GM white from 88-92 is WA8554)spray 2 medium light coats, after it dries, wetsand it with 2000 grit sandpaper (with a few drops of soap in the water) spray one more coat of white, wetsand again if you think it's necessary (try to get 2200 or even 2400 grit sandpaper for this one) then use an ENAMEL clearcoat. I can't stress this enough. If you use lacquer clearcoat, it holds in dirt and exhaust soot until you compound it out. Enamel won't do this. I never had any compatibility issues with enamel over lacquer. Hope this helps!