New member, 1992 cutlass supreme international executive edition

Kelly

Hello w-body members,

I am the recent recipient of a 1992 Cutlass Supreme International Executive Edition. I think it's one of 25 built. It's in very good condition, running and driving,has a LQ-1 with a five speed transmission,lot's of bells and whistles, original with new tires, and fuel pump.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea as to value on this rarity?

Thanks 

Kelly

• Like 2

Hi there & welcome:

I wouldn't get too excited over that Exec moniker, GM has manufactured all of their cars in *classes* for market segment purposes going back generations.

S class is sport

F class is luxury

E class is Executive

D class is large

all of the W platform are Executive class vehicles

Edited by 55trucker

On 2/15/2021 at 1:32 PM, Kelly said:

Hello w-body members,

I am the recent recipient of a 1992 Cutlass Supreme International Executive Edition. I think it's one of 25 built. It's in very good condition, running and driving,has a LQ-1 with a five speed transmission,lot's of bells and whistles, original with new tires, and fuel pump.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea as to value on this rarity?

Thanks 

Kelly

As a owner of a 1 of 1 - 1991 International coupe, yes, production numbers as you've stated, it's very rare.  Monetarily though, our cars aren't worth much unfortunately.  Maybe someday that will change.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kelly said:

Thanks, it will be sold I just need to find the right market. Really have no clue on value but what I do know is that it scoots real good 😊 

How clean is the car rust wise?  What is the undercarriage like?  these like to rust around the trailing arm mounts and rockers.    I believe I see an Alberta license plate but I could be wrong.  That will complicate things for a USA buyer given COVID, but might be one of the better locations for rust in Canada.  

Depending on how clean it is, any repairs needed,  mileage, and maintenance history (ie. timing belt, timing belt tensioners and oil pump drive seal leak) it could be $2500-$5,000usd, IMO.  I know there have been a few low mileage Cutlasses fetch a bit more than this, but IMO I don't see the value there.    To give an idea, this red Cutlass has been for sale for at least 6 months in Ontario.  https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/oldsmobile/cutlass/used/?_ga=2.112824450.761691435.1613874752-808741765.1503087435&utm_content=web_ResultsSearch&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=kijiji#vip=16530692&utm_campaign=xpromo_srplisting

There was never an executive edition Cutlass Supreme. However I can tell you it is 1 of only 20 Bright Aqua/Gray leather 5 speed International coupes made, just 2 of those went to Canada.

1 hour ago, Bake82 said:

How clean is the car rust wise?  What is the undercarriage like?  these like to rust around the trailing arm mounts and rockers.    I believe I see an Alberta license plate but I could be wrong.  That will complicate things for a USA buyer given COVID, but might be one of the better locations for rust in Canada.  

Depending on how clean it is, any repairs needed,  mileage, and maintenance history (ie. timing belt, timing belt tensioners and oil pump drive seal leak) it could be $2500-$5,000usd, IMO.  I know there have been a few low mileage Cutlasses fetch a bit more than this, but IMO I don't see the value there.    To give an idea, this red Cutlass has been for sale for at least 6 months in Ontario.  https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/oldsmobile/cutlass/used/?_ga=2.112824450.761691435.1613874752-808741765.1503087435&utm_content=web_ResultsSearch&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=kijiji#vip=16530692&utm_campaign=xpromo_srplisting

Thanks Baked, the car has minimal rust and an extensive maintenance record. Those numbers help a lot.

51 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

There was never an executive edition Cutlass Supreme. However I can tell you it is 1 of only 20 Bright Aqua/Gray leather 5 speed International coupes made, just 2 of those went to Canada.

Cool, can't recall where I picked up the executive edition,probably where I got the 1 of 25...2 only in Canada eh 👍🏻

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kelly said:

Thanks Baked, the car has minimal rust and an extensive maintenance record. Those numbers help a lot.

no problem.   

I wish I could add it to my garage!    It’s a fully loaded 5 spd!   Very cool car!    I hope whoever buys it understands what it is and treats it well!  

Now I know what I want for Christmas! That would be a worthy replacement to my venerable 1994 coupe in the same color. Please keep us updated here, I couldn't make an offer at the moment but if its still available later this year I believe I would depending on what you`re hoping to get from it.

I wouldn't mind it as well, summer would be a better time for me to investigate this further, for my friends south-of-the-border this would be an awkward purchase until our PM decides to open up to cross border traffic again. I haven't been able to go to Buffalo since late last March.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:42 PM, Kelly said:

Not a 100% sure if it's an original Alberta car, I know it's been sitting in a heated garage for the last few years in Calgary. 

I’m actually the one who ended up with this car. And I must say I’m ecstatic!!  Been on the road now a few days after I finally got all the paperwork done. A blast to drive and very smooth!! 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 6:32 AM, Bake82 said:

no problem.   

I wish I could add it to my garage!    It’s a fully loaded 5 spd!   Very cool car!    I hope whoever buys it understands what it is and treats it well!  

I actually bought it and it’s the final piece to my W body 5 speed manual collection. I also own a lumina z34 manual and Grand Prix gtp manual 

I respect and appreciate this car more than I can ever express!! 😊 

• Like 1