"Dump-pipe"

dkorinko

I know I know...everyone says stuff about back pressure and all that! And people tell me that if i dump the exhaust off right off the down-pipe before it even gets to the cat i will gain some top end but lose torque, well that would be great because when i cant even launch the car with any boost without being surrounded by a cloud of smoke, i would say i have enough torque! And i would be willing to sacrifice some of it! And I have Dunlop Sport 5000's on my car, they are z-rated tires and they are huge, if anything should grab, they should...and they dont lol. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the same thing i am doing and what performance difference they noticed????

Anybody who says a dump will lose bottom end on a turbo doesn' t know what they are talking about. Removing any exhaust restriction after the turbo will help you greatly with improved spool times (if you actually had that problem). Backpressure is not a factor in cylinder scavenging on a turbo, expecially after the turbo. It should help you on the tall side for sure as more exhaust will be able to easily get out. Just like Jason was told the 3 inch exhaust wouldn't help but it did.

sweet man, that is awesome to actually here something good...usually people give me this crap about back pressure and all that but i have had a few people like u telling me that turbos dont need that pressure. So now it is a for sure thing, i am sure i will enjoy the sound and i will get some pics of the job up here pretty soon, i will be doing it myself so u guys can all see what kind of work i do lol! Thanks again man.

Like someone else said, dropping the exhaust at the dump on a turbo car will NOT cause a loss in torque. If anything you will GAIN some, due to the turbos ability to breath better and spool faster. A turbocharger gives the engine quite a bit of back pressure already.

All a dump pipe is, is when u cut the exhaust before the cat and just "dump" it to the side...and well i just did it to my car! Its fun u can hear the turbo winding down after u let off, it kinda sounds like a big VORTEC supercharger :D ! and holy shit yeah, its loud. i love it, if u can stand the extra noise, do it...u will scare the shit out of everyone including urself! :D

Yeah, that will be loud as hell too. I can hear me from about 2 miles away and u should be able to hear u from about a mile away! Let us know when u do it cuz i wanna see what it looks like! I plan on taking pictures of what i did on saturday so everyone can see how easy it really is!

Yeah u can do that or u can use that! if i can i am going to get an audio clip of my exhaust, i think it sounds pretty sweet, everyone has been asking me today what the hell i have done to my car lol...They all say it sounds mean as hell!!! :twisted: :twisted: