UA-65274002-1 Jump to content

Anyone know what could cause the top to raise unevenly? The driver side will raise first then the passenger will follow. I replaced the cylinder and put new fluid in the system but it still wont raise evenly.

Hmm! 🤔. That's a tricky situation. The only thing i can think of is maybe one of the lines is restricting the fluid. To test for this, you can label the lines, pull them off the cylinder and shoot fluid into a bucket. Please use caution and wear safety glasses. Test the bottom fluid lines first, with the other ones still on the cylinders. Then reconnect the bottom and test the upper lines. This way you can rule out the flow in the lines. You can put some transmission fluid in the bucket before you hit the top button, this way fluid doesn't hit the bottom of the bucket and splash 💦 everywhere. 

If your lines flow the same, then your frame is binding mechanically. Or the cylinder you installed also has blow-by. 

Good luck..

Edited by GabsOlds

could you switch the lines at the pump....if i remember there is two lines for up and two for down...maybe one is clogged somehow, if you switch them you may be able to figure it out, but I woulld lean towards something machanical binding something in the top itself, inspect the top for areas of rubbing

Yes there is. Run the top up, then down, and open the reservoir fill plug. Tighten the plug, and repeat a couplr more times. There is a step by step procedure. Try Google search. 

And you are right, the O. P.  should try bleeding the system. Then make sure all the fittings at the pump, and cylinders are tight. That is how air could have been introduced into the system: replacing the cylinder, or loose fittings.