Dream cars

hoodilio

I'd like to buy a 94-96 GTP for like 5000$ and throw 55,000$ into it, make it 6 speed RWD and watch Farrari owners faces when they see me fishtail away wondering what that whistling noise was.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PJB

• 92turboLE

• MaroonRegal

• 91cutty

Top Posters In This Topic

bi-turbo Audio A4

1993 Ford Lightning

or my dad's old 1983 Bonneville wagon back from the junk yard (got rid of it 5 years ago) but put a chevy 350 in it, lower it, paint it a deep purple, and put like $40,000 of other stuff into it (that was supposed to be my car but it sat on the side of our house too long and the brake system and rear axle rotted away, almost totally)

1969 Chevelle SS 396 yanko with a matching numbers 427, Brittish racing green, twin turbos, about 8 grand into the suspention, 6 speed manual, 3.73 posi rear (daily driver of corse), 3" exhaust without mufflers, and Cregger SS rims

*grabs towel to clean up mess*

-Jeff

87 GNX

63, 67 ("tri-power" 435hp 427), or 69 Vette (also with 435hp 427).

93 Nissan 300ZX

72 Chevelle SS 396

92 3000GT Twin-Turbo

97 Supra w/ 2JZGTE

R34 Skyline

Ford GT40 (original, not the new one)

And the list could go on forever!

87 GNX

63, 67 ("tri-power" 435hp 427), or 69 Vette (also with 435hp 427).

93 Nissan 300ZX

72 Chevelle SS 396

92 3000GT Twin-Turbo

97 Supra w/ 2JZGTE

R34 Skyline

Ford GT40 (original, not the new one)

And the list could go on forever!

You really think a 1 of 3 car like the GT40 is gonna go for less than $60,000. I'm not sure you could get any of them to sell at all, let alone for less than that. Good choice though.

Why don't you like the new one?

91-92 Chevy Caprice. Jet black, limo tinted, Impala SS grille, smooth bumpers, all trim shaved, bagged suspension, LS1 conversion, 20" 5-star rims, custom leather interior with navigation, Cutlass UB3 cluster, climate control, power tilt column, etc.

For the wife: An Audi A8 Quattro for the AWD. Or if that's not practical (can't get replacement parts) then an 00+ Bonneville with 18+ rims and 00+ Northstar V8 conversion.

your a fan of the rear wheel cover then shawn??? Im more a fan of the 94-96 SS with the different rear side glass (without the point) and not the fender overlap. Besides the Impala SS's are ust plain badass. I would pull the LT1 and drop in an LT5 (382) with a beefed up 700R4, 4.10 gears with posi, 120 shot nitrous, 19 inch spinners (good looking ones - yes they do exist) for the street, then 15x14 Deep Craiger Wheels with M/T Ripple Wall Street Slicks and pizza cutters up front. I would have to go with eibach drag suspension for the rear.

oh yeah, and maybe tack a supercharger on there - i think that would stay clear of the 60K mark.

- Justin

your a fan of the rear wheel cover then shawn???

Hell yeah, IMO, the rear wheel cover makes the car. Without it, it's just a big sedan to me. With the skirt, it's a unique work of art, so clean, so smooth! It really sets it apart from any other car on the road. I think I like the point in the rear 1/4 window too. It starts at the front with a point, ends in the rear with a point, very balanced, I like it.

218312_19_full.jpg

It makes me get all tingly inside just imagining the above car in jet black with no chrome at all except for 20" chrome 5-stars.

yeah, it does set the car apart, but different strokes for different folks i suppose.

i wish i could find this link... it has a car similar to that one, but it was DGG (Dark Green Gray - Impalla SS color) and had impala badges on it. Same look, slammed on its nuts, chome dubs, completely shaved - i think it was a 91. Looked good. The only thing they changed was the rear 1/4 window to the impala style and the front mirris to the impala style too.

I'll look for it and post a link if i can.

Have you ever seen Tim Allens (the tool man) 96 Impala SS??? ::drool:: Not what is a god damn sexy car - makes me want to make babies!

- Justin

Hmmm... dream cars... I remember a related topic a while back.

Off the "If your W-Body Dies, What Will you Buy Next..." thread (some cars added since then):

I'll probably get shot for writing this but there's a few on my mind:

* 2001 - 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

* 2003 Nissan Maxima SE

* 2002+ Nissan 350Z

* 1997 - 1998 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6

* 1999+ Volkswagen GTI VR6

* 2003+ Volkswagen Golf R32

* 2003+ Audi A4 Quattro

* 2001+ Audi S4 Quattro

* 1995 - 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

* 1990 - 1993 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ

* 2004+ Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

* 2004+ Pontiac GTO

* 1997 - 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

* 1992 - 1995 Pontiac Grand Am GT

* 2000 - 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX

* 2003+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

* (enter your favorites here...)

I haven't really thought about since I'm keeping (planing on it) the Cutlass for a while till out of college.

We see where life takes me... :D

Wow! Did I really think that I wouldn't be able to snag a car I wanted off the list?

Goodness, amazing what happens when things in life fall in place...

- Erik

* 2003+ Volkswagen Golf R32

Is that the 300 or 500 hp Modded Euro Version?, I'm still looking for Decembers Motor Trend at school, left my copy at home, they had an article about it. Never a big fan of hatchbacks, but cant deny that power to weight ratio.

had a 69 cougar xr7 back in 89 paid like $500 for it and sold for double that after i fixed some simple shit rad leaked and rear leafes were low making big ass N 50s rub a bit also have had most year TA from smokey and bandit movies s 76 bandit,78 bandit 80 turbo and 84 that was going to be a night rider clone got married so that got forgot bout but if you gave me 60k to build a car would have to be the new GTO the optional high HP one and a bunch of mods to get it to do standing 10s

Is that the 300 or 500 hp Modded Euro Version?, I'm still looking for Decembers Motor Trend at school, left my copy at home, they had an article about it. Never a big fan of hatchbacks, but cant deny that power to weight ratio.

I have read that article too; extremely sweet! HPA Golf R32: 409hp & 437ft/lb = 3.2 0-60mph = 11.49 @ 126mph 1/4mi.

But the standard AWD R32 is 240hp and it's still creating one hell of a conversation piece.

- Erik

:) i would get 2 for a total price of 60,000

go with a c5 vette and dump 55Grand on it

the other 5 grand would go into, hmm Lifted 78' 4x4 Chevy Scottsdale 400sb with big swampers :D.

i miss my old truck :cry:

A Monster Truck :twisted: :devil: :twisted: Bwahaha!!

or for a car...

maybe the prototype Caddy Sixteen, oh yes...... 8) :naughty:

:withstupid:

or i would get a 2003 chevy HD and lift the fuck out of it, putting meats, 18" off road wheels, with some like 48's or sumthin for rubber. get a hd with a big block in it, 100% fullsize with every option, jet black, leather, yada yada.

sorry i'm a big truck fan, chevy is lucky i got the z and not a silverado to start with.

nazari.jpg[/img]