Back in a CSC, and on the forum

95LQ1VERT

Not a new member, but I may be new to some people on the forum, I just wanted to announce my come back as I will be frequenting the forum more with my recent purchase of another CSC! I picked up a red 1994 convertible, 93k miles, vin X, black quad buckets, and white top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Welcome back!   I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about going from a 95 interior to a 94.    Also, what condition is the 94 in?   Show car, driver, or project?   I'm just happy to hear about another vert being saved and driven.   

It's a fixer upper, body and interior are pretty immaculant being it's a Nebraska car, no rust at all! I plan on restoring it to show/driver condition (suspension all four corners, engine overhaul, future top replacement, and other odd ends). It sat for a few years in a garage until the guy wanted to move, as it was a lake car. As far as switching interiors, I prefer the 95, but the 94 has a classic look to it with some amenities of the 95. fd394c7ac421217f01d3acb28d4a7fb4.jpg22ede22d71c7fd3a2ab3da03999b10ff.jpge1d743cf4d43e7d6f487a4bd3349cf7a.jpg249c1103ea84d4ba11ae382277d59a12.jpg2841cfd03933502f6443dbeb20e19664.jpg7beb93ac647995729ba6583da222d513.jpgced8fbc0550b70ab5104a05949a2bb11.jpg

When I was looking for a new Regal the stereo cavity and seatbelts on the door did it for me and I bought a '95. I like the older dash though aside from that.

IMHO the only thing better about the 1995 Cutlass interior is the center console cup holders, the previous ones were horrible but you could still mount a UB3 cluster in the dash. Ive got a white 1995 and looks like I`ll be doing the top meself so count yourself lucky. 

Edited by rich_e777

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back. Good looking vert you got there in a great color combo. What happend to your 95 vert?

Thank you! I cant wait to start toying with it. But I was young and wanted a reliable daily driver, so I traded it off tge 95 for my old Jetta. Whatever happened to it after I traded it beats me. But I regretted doing that so I finally was able to find another and be financially stable to buy a second vehicle.

Thank you! I cant wait to start toying with it. But I was young and wanted a reliable daily driver, so I traded it off tge 95 for my old Jetta. Whatever happened to it after I traded it beats me. But I regretted doing that so I finally was able to find another and be financially stable to buy a second vehicle.

What, your 95 wasn't a reliable daily driver!?  I hear ya.  These things don't do well without regular care and maintenance, which can be a financial challenge when you're younger.  I also bought mine when I was financially stable, which has allowed me to daily it since 2010.  Glad you were able to get back into one!  What color combo was your 95?

What, your 95 wasn't a reliable daily driver!? I hear ya. These things don't do well without regular care and maintenance, which can be a financial challenge when you're younger. I also bought mine when I was financially stable, which has allowed me to daily it since 2010. Glad you were able to get back into one! What color combo was your 95?

I could never get it to run right, that and the previous owners used as a newspaper delivery car and I think it wasn't maintained. But it was a black top, red body and graphite interior.

• 2 weeks later...

I could never get it to run right, that and the previous owners used as a newspaper delivery car and I think it wasn't maintained. But it was a black top, red body and graphite interior.

Welcome back. It looks like you found one that's almost identical to your original one. Enjoy!

What, your 95 wasn't a reliable daily driver!?  I hear ya.  These things don't do well without regular care and maintenance, which can be a financial challenge when you're younger.  I also bought mine when I was financially stable, which has allowed me to daily it since 2010.  Glad you were able to get back into one!  What color combo was your 95?

Yours was probably the closest any of us ever got to buying one new...638 miles, wasn’t it? How many miles are on it now?

Yours was probably the closest any of us ever got to buying one new...638 miles, wasn’t it? How many miles are on it now?

Mine had 202 miles when I bought it in 2010.  I'm at 80,248 smile-filled miles right now.  

Very nice vert! Holy Super Duty's!

Thank you! And there was 2 more Super Dutys parked out on the street lol.

Thank you! And there was 2 more Super Dutys parked out on the street lol.

I notice them more since I just recently bought one-I love it!