JEFFM contact info..??

hi guys.. i guess im making my rounds on all of the forums...

im looking to get jeffm email address... i emailed him using the address on the turbogranprix.com page... but just making sure that is still valid..

i have a crossover pipe i picked up at the yard and want to know if he is still interested in getting them... so if anyone can tell me if jeffm@turbograndprix.com is still a valid email for jeff .. i would be very appriciative... :wink:

Hi joshua..

well.. ill give jeffm till the end of the week to reply to my email since i already wrote him about it... if i don;t hear anything from him.. it's yours... im not looking to make any money off of it.. it was only $15 at the yard..

so it would be $15 + what ever shipping is...... but like i said.. since i wrote jeffm about it, ill give him the first crack at it..

no not really.... i only knew of the crossover problem.. there was not alot left... i might be going back next weekend... there might of been the upper planum .. i know the rear exhaust manifold was there since i had to unbolt the crossover from it.. and i did see the intercooler.. i can't garantee i will be back there next week nor if i do go back the parts will still be there.. but i will keep you in mind if i do..

• 1 year later...

Sorry for being late to reply, been trying to get things in order as my father passed away and am working things out along with flying back to MI from MN for the funeral next week.

Used OEM pipes, even 3 to 6 months old have failed, I have seen this many times over when owners send me their crossover pipe core in exchange for mine, some beautiful clean pipes only a few months old with cracks already in the bellows. Any pipe from a salvage yard or off a parts car is going to have a bad pipe. Worse is to get pipe cores returned to me that have been welded on to fix the cracks, but always ends up in a core to me that is damaged beyond repair from those welding fix attempts did. From this lose of good cores, I am always looking for other good core pipes and offer from $75 to $100 for them depending on how much they cost someone to get them in the first place. AND the pipe on an owner’s TGP is THEIR core pipe to exchange with my Premium Crossover Pipe and does not qualify for this $75 to $100 value (had some get this confused before). The $75 to $100 is for a spare crossover pipe that is taken from a salvage yard, parts car or just an extra someone has! The “pipe core†that I work with when selling my pipes is just like when anyone replaces an alternator or power steering pump, you are charged a core fee for your reusable-only part, and get refunded once it is returned. AND THAT is another issue (and people thought this was a smooth task for me), the last 2 pipes I sold, the owners not only never bothered to say they got them, they went in well, worked good, liked or disliked anything etc, instead just disappeared (also after sucking quite a few long emails of troubleshooting help) and NEVER returned their cores! I could charge $500 for the core fee but no matter how much I charge, it does not make it any easier to get more reusable pipe cores. I was going to take some time and make up a crossover pipe page but until then, here are some pics; first one is a new pipe/a few months old with not only cracked flex joints, but weld cracks. The second is what happens whenever someone attempts to make their pipe solid, it needs a good pipe next to it to show just how badly the rigid pipe is deformed and cracked in many places. The third shows the OEM pipe end flanges and how they are not properly sized and need replacing too. And the last is what it looks like when a pipe welding is done proper.

Be in touch later.

Jeff M

http://www.turbograndprix.com/Typical%20OEM%20Pipe%20Weld2.jpg

http://www.turbograndprix.com/CloseupCrankBentRigidPipe.jpg

http://www.turbograndprix.com/OEMFlangeVrsNewStyle.jpg

http://www.turbograndprix.com/NewPipeProWelding.jpg

Those are excellent examples of 'other' problems that can be encountered with these pipes that must go into 'rebuilding' them. Somtimes its hard to understand all that goes into something! That pic of the pipe all bent up and cracked from the rigid pipe fix is really astounding.

So right Chris, and you have done enough such work to know it takes a lot of cover all the obstacles that are thrown at you. I don't have a pic but I also get core pipes with the turbo mounting flange ruined, and at $85 each from the machine shop, along with more welding costs to swap in a good one, adds to the cost of pipes. I do have some pics here of an EGR Bung and how a lot of them come to me, more work to correct that. And the last pic is a good before and after that still does not tell all of the work that goes into a completed product.

http://www.turbograndprix.com/EGRBung1.jpg

http://www.turbograndprix.com/NewOldComparo.jpg

Gotta run, doing a rush job for a good ole boy from MO, needs Pipe ASAP (that was pics of his). He scored a red TGP for an excellant price, and knows a 13 year old rare car like this is worth some fixing up to fully enjoy (or even get running :) ).

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan

i have two TGP crossover pipes i'll sell. one has heat shields and one doesn't. i'm sure they are both cracked as usual. The Burning Rom has dibs on one (not sure which one he wants if any yet), but i still have another regardless. neither have ever been rebuilt or attempted to be rebuilt. the one with heat shields has a little gouging around the turbo mounting flange bolt holes, but these are NOT holes where the turbo itself bolts to the crossover....i'm talking about the lower bolts for the turbo support bracket. this is hardly a big deal IMO, since it couldn't cause an exhaust leak and the hole isn't threaded anyway. it's really very minor gouging. i could get some pics of either crossover pipe if anyone is *serious* about buying one. lemme know if anyone is interested. i may have some other TGP parts for sale too :wink:

joshua